You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I've no real issue with us getting Robertson in as a young back up option to Milner.

Ideally I'd prefer is to buy a better LB to upgrade Milner.

Im just praying we spend serious money in other positions but I can see the excuses coming over the next few weeks about how we can't get the players we want etc etc.

The window shaping up to be a total disaster even by our abysmal standards , Given we supposedly have funds available and CL qualification there is something fundamentally wrong with our ability to attract decent players, Just need to lose Coutinho and install Robertson as our first choice LB to make it perfect.

The window shaping up to be a total disaster even by our abysmal standards , Given we supposedly have funds available and CL qualification there is something fundamentally wrong with our ability to attract decent players, Just need to lose Coutinho and install Robertson as our first choice LB to make it perfect.

There's nothing wrong with our ability to attract players. It all boils down to having owners who won't even spend what the club earns anymore.

Questions have to be asked where the tv money is going

There's nothing wrong with our ability to attract players. It all boils down to having owners who won't even spend what the club earns anymore.

Questions have to be asked where the tv money is going

Exactly. The two teams below us have signed Lacazette and most probably Lukaku as well. Ruben Neves plays in the Championship. Nothing is stopping us signing the likes of Keita and Van Dijk barre the owners.

Are you trying to say this Robertson isn't a better LB than a midfielder filling in there?

How about signing one who can come in and is an upgrade on what we have.

If he proves he is better, and I think he might in time, then he should play. But Milner did well there last season so I think he will have the jersey going into the season.

If Robertson stays at the understudy sort of level, we can look for a better choice to replace Milner when he fades. But in the meantime I'd like us to spend the bulk of our budget on Keita and Van Dijk, or the nearest we can get to them.

We got a real opportunity to kick on from last year, the whole thing for me at the moment is a shambles, fed up of fans waiting 'be patient'.

Fuck that, get the targets that Klopp wants at least lodge a bid if we get knocked then move on, I think the whole club fucking stinks from top to bottom ran by a load of cunts.

I genuinely can't believe how badly we do things we are so amateurish, I'm done with it all, had enough.

If he proves he is better, and I think he might in time, then he should play. But Milner did well there last season so I think he will have the jersey going into the season.

If Robertson stays at the understudy sort of level, we can look for a better choice to replace Milner when he fades. But in the meantime I'd like us to spend the bulk of our budget on Keita and Van Dijk, or the nearest we can get to them.

I want to see us upgrade on Milner at LB now. Sell Bert Moron and have Milner as back up to a pacey proper LB

Our summer shopping will be like Black Friday.

Everyone else is wading in and rifling the wide screens.

We'll end up with a black and white telly and a Sony disc man

We'll end up brawling with other homeless lads over a display model toaster.

Our summer shopping will be like Black Friday.

Everyone else is wading in and rifling the wide screens.

We'll end up with a black and white telly and a Sony disc man

If this Sony Disc Man is any good in midfield I say blow the budget on him.

We had finished our spending by 21st July last year.

This squad needed massive improvement this summer and we've signed one first team player.

Even on that tangent, which means fuck all, we've still got 2 weeks to meet your fantasy deadline mate.

Klopp would walk if he wasn't happy. He's my barometer. When we're not meeting his lofty standards then I'll know it's time to dig out my pitchfork.

• Upvote 1