You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I understand that it's an impossible transfer because he simply wouldn't entertain us but for the respective money for them both £70m roughly, who would you sign Verratti or Keita? I've personally seen a lot more of Verratti and think he's the best midfielder in the world so I'd take him over Keita.

• Upvote 1

and united moved on from not getting greizman and have put down 75million on Lukaku.

We simply don't behave like a big club when it comes to transfers. The apology to Southampton is one of the most embarrassing moments from a transfer point of view that's happened to us.

The club itself leaked to local journos this summer was going to be a record breaking summer of spending.

Some Fans frustrations is coming from its looking like more of the same under this ownership.

In general the owners have done very good, no debt. In profit lots of commercial deals new stand is brilliant but they shouldn't get a free pass on the way they conduct transfers. Is it 3 January windows we've bought nobody now & spent fuck all last summer.

So we

and united moved on from not getting greizman and have put down 75million on Lukaku.

We simply don't behave like a big club when it comes to transfers. The apology to Southampton is one of the most embarrassing moments from a transfer point of view that's happened to us.

The club itself leaked to local journos this summer was going to be a record breaking summer of spending.

Some Fans frustrations is coming from its looking like more of the same under this ownership.

In general the owners have done very good, no debt. In profit lots of commercial deals new stand is brilliant but they shouldn't get a free pass on the way they conduct transfers. Is it 3 January windows we've bought nobody now & spent fuck all last summer.

You have no idea how 'big clubs' conduct their transfers. 

The 'big clubs' pay big fees & wages and tend to get the players they are after.

As a club we briefed we'd spend big.

We're back on the champions league, have a world class manager that's idenfied certain players he wants.

Put some money down and offers in for these players show some ambition.

It's already coming out on reports we're pissing off Leipzig.

I've just provided you with two examples where that hasn't happened.

We're not the first club in the world to have a prolonged transfer and we won't be the last.

We're the only one who does it without making a bid and who doesnt move on to players of a similar standing.

Disguating how many people are defending the rape of Liverpool football club.

• Upvote 1

Never a truer sentence than from the Independent transfer news live thread...

Liverpool's pursuit of Naby Keita is beginning to annoy Leipzig with lots of talk but little action.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-rumours-gossip-live-manchester-united-romelu-lukaku-liverpool-naby-keita-a7828161.html

Reminds me of that Elvis song

Jailhouse Rock

The 'big clubs' pay big fees & wages and tend to get the players they are after.

As a club we briefed we'd spend big.

We're back on the champions league, have a world class manager that's idenfied certain players he wants.

Put some money down and offers in for these players show some ambition.

It's already coming out on reports we're pissing off Leipzig.

In other news, conte and chelsea thought re signing lukaku was nailed on. Somehow he's going to united.

Conte also wanted to sign van dijk, bonucchi and bakayoko. How are those deals panning out because Im hearing they're having the same trouble as us getting the deals over the line.

Arsenal want to sign lemar, theyve hadto up their bid to £40m but monaco are refusing to sell. They also want mahrez, leicester want £50m for him, arsenal dont want to pay more than £0m - £35m.

maureen was moaning the other day about not getting the deals for players he wants done.

Its not just us who cant get deals done. No fucker wants to sell unless they get their asking price which is often silly money.

• Upvote 1

In other news, conte and chelsea thought re signing lukaku was nailed on. Somehow he's going to united.

Conte also wanted to sign van dijk, bonucchi and bakayoko. How are those deals panning out because Im hearing they're having the same trouble as us getting the deals over the line.

Arsenal want to sign lemar, theyve hadto up their bid to £40m but monaco are refusing to sell. They also want mahrez, leicester want £50m for him, arsenal dont want to pay more than £0m - £35m.

maureen was moaning the other day about not getting the deals for players he wants done.

Its not just us who cant get deals done. No fucker wants to sell unless they get their asking price which is often silly money.

Chelsea have now matched their bid.

people comparing us to other clubs trying to vindicate their point is beyond fucking hilarious. sort of stuff trump supporters pedal.

we have been far and above one of the worst clubs in terms of transfers. to be fair probably long before fsg. but its hardly got better. probably worse to some degree.

• Upvote 1

He'll head to United. Maureen will be more persuasive (albeit a crock of shite) and Lukaku wont fancy the billing of living up to Costa.

Hopefully Chelsea can bump up the price.

Him signing for either for that kind of money doesn't actually worry me.

As long as we get 2 more starters in.

Remains to be seen if we are capable of it, but let them scrap over Lukaku- let is drag on as long as possible   

Other clubs have bids rejected then either increase their bids or move onto other targets.

It's really not fucking hard, football is run by spastics, for spastics.

For context, let's not forget the small factor that Klopp has broken even - or better - while Conte and Mourinho have already spent a fortune in a similar timeframe.

He's owed a bit of commitment and decisiveness in this window.

• Upvote 1

For context, let's not forget the small factor that Klopp has broken even - or better - while Conte and Mourinho have already spent a fortune in a similar timeframe.

He's owed a bit of commitment and decisiveness in this window.

Klopp ? He would happily have spent 170 million on his targets by now then told the club who he wanted to sell. Klopp is our best player and deserves no blame for anything. I wouldn't be.surprised if he is more hysterical than the FF right now. I hope he is.

In profit.

Short of the year we sold Suarez we've barely broke even, sorry, correction, i think we may have hit the heady heights of 1 million profit one year.

Edit - 2013-2014 accounts was the first time we'd made a profit in seven years with a mind blowing 900k, 2014/2015 it was 60 million before tax, 2015/2016 19.8 million loss (before Tax).

I wouldn't be.surprised if he is more hysterical than the FF right now. I hope he is.

I think he'd be fucking embarrassed at what he read and wouldn't want any part of it, and I think his comments throughout his career would bear that out.

• Upvote 1

we'll see who lasts longer believing in FSG. you or klopp.

I trust in Klopp though at some point you'll realise that I don't care whether it's FSG, DIC or WTF I'll still say things as I see it rather than follow the baying mob and play to the crowd.

I trust in Klopp though at some point you'll realise that I don't care whether it's FSG, DIC or WTF I'll still say things as I see it rather than follow the baying mob and play to the crowd.

Thanks John / Tom / appointed lackey / bizarre contrarian (delete as appropriate).

• Upvote 2

This type of post is so funny. People are just itching for Klopp to quit or at the very least initiate conflict with the owners so their opinions can be vindicated. So weak.

not at all itching for him to quit. you and some of the others on here are like trumpseque tories. putting words in peoples mouths and deflect deflect deflect from reality. #weak

• Upvote 2