You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Wait till Oxlade Chamberlain declares his desire to move publicly and Arsenal wait for our £20m bid to seal the deal and no bid arrives.

fuck-that-bitch-hq.png

August 31st, 2017 - Official site

'Salah like a new signing - Klopp'

'You haven't seen the best of me yet, says Captain Fantastic Henderson.'

'Looking forward to not missing most of this season through injuries sustained on England duty, says revitalised Lallana.'

James Pearce reckons we don't want to pay 8m for Robertson.

Now i wouldn't have a problem with that if it meant we just don't want to buy him....but of course it just means we want to try and piss his club off so it will be no deal.

August 31st, 2017 - Official site

'Salah like a new signing - Klopp'

'You haven't seen the best of me yet, says Captain Fantastic Henderson.'

'Looking forward to not missing most of this season through injuries sustained on England duty, says revitalised Lallana.'

"I am looking to play even more than the 24 league games i played last year, centre half or midfield it does not matter i am ready" says Lucas the man they keep writing off.

• Upvote 1

Now i wouldn't have a problem with that if it meant we just don't want to buy him....but of course it just means we want to try and piss his club off so it will be no deal.

Normal machinations of a transfer.

Is pissing off a club the new trope for this year on here, unless a buying club does everything the selling club wants it's just not cricket?

I hope people employ the same reasoning in every day life, wouldn't want to piss of those car salesman or people selling their house by offering less or pushing for extras.

Normal machinations of a transfer.

Is pissing off a club the new trope for this year on here, unless a buying club does everything the selling club wants it's just not cricket?

I hope people employ the same reasoning in every day life, wouldn't want to piss of those car salesman or people selling their house by offering less or pushing for extras.

Your argument would hold more water if these owners didn't have such a prolific record of failing to get deals they 'wanted' to do done.

• Upvote 3

Your argument would hold more water if these owners didn't have such a prolific record of failing to get deals they 'wanted' to do done.

Don't really care about the owners it was a comment on the mechanics of transfers and the treatment of it as unique to us on here.

Don't really care about the owners it was a comment on the mechanics of transfers and the treatment of it as unique to us on here.

I'd say there is probably enough evidence to suggest we are notoriously bad at it.....although of course we in here do pay much more attention to every little thing that is reported and written about us so maybe we are no different but as i say it feels like we are

I'd say there is probably enough evidence to suggest we are notoriously bad at it.....although of course we in here do pay much more attention to every little thing that is reported and written about us so maybe we are no different but as i say it feels like we are

The fact we pay more attention is exactly the issue.

We're so bad at transfers compared to everyone else, for example, that there are stories of Conte quitting for the second time this summer over failed deals. Van Dijk is such an obvious stand out CB target that given a clear run at him they went with Rudiger instead and the striker they've been linked to for months is of to Utd.

We're so bad that the signings of Wijnaldum, Matip and Mane went incident free last summer but Zielinski is the focus.

Man Utd just slapped the money on the table and got the player they wanted in Lindelof....if you ignore the 6 month pursuit and failed January transfer attempt.

Transfers are shit, clubs are good at some shit at others but it's often transfer, and it's associated complexities, dependendent rather than the clubs as a whole.

Out of interest when were the majority of the top ten to fifteen most expensive transfers completed, what was the blueprint for those transfers and how do they compare with Keita (as an example).

I think Ronaldo was really early where as Bale was in the dying days and both transfers were played out in the press at various stages not sure about the rest.

• Upvote 5

The fact we pay more attention is exactly the issue.

We're so bad at transfers compared to everyone else, for example, that there are stories of Conte quitting for the second time this summer over failed deals. Van Dijk is such an obvious stand out CB target that given a clear run at him they went with Rudiger instead and the striker they've been linked to for months is of to Utd.

We're so bad that the signings of Wijnaldum, Matip and Mane went incident free last summer but Zielinski is the focus.

Man Utd just slapped the money on the table and got the player they wanted in Lindelof....if you ignore the 6 month pursuit and failed January transfer attempt.

Transfers are shit, clubs are good at some shit at others but it's often transfer, and it's associated complexities, dependendent rather than the clubs as a whole.

Out of interest when were the majority of the top ten to fifteen most expensive transfers completed, what was the blueprint for those transfers and how do they compare with Keita (as an example).

I think Ronaldo was really early where as Bale was in the dying days and both transfers were played out in the press at various stages not sure about the rest.

Do you think FSG have a good track record when it comes to transfers?  "Yes" or "no" will suffice.

My answer is no. 

Interesting article on using data to assess a goalie's performance

https://2plus2equals11.com/2017/07/07/thinking-about-goalkeepers/amp/

33137c9eaf2f041dbbe4167214991a40.png

#AnnounceHeaton

So Heaton has saved 75% of shots and Neuer has saved 80% but the stats say that Heaton gets a higher rating?

No wonder that site is called 2+2 = 11

RBL have brought some great players in for reasonable fees and they are entitled to play hardball over transfers. They are hated in Germany and may need to work a lot harder themselves buying players in future. Their financial backing will mean other clubs demand a premium, they have gotten away with it so far. Think that may change.

Do you think FSG have a good track record when it comes to transfers?  "Yes" or "no" will suffice.

My answer is no. 

Prepare for a reply of Ulysses-like proportions, which will of course not answer your question.

Your answer is correct for the record. 

My answer is no. 

So you dont think suarez, coutinho, lallana, matip, mane, firmino, salah, wijnaldum, sakho, lovren, clyne, milner and the like dont count as a good track record?

It amazes me people think clubs roll over because LFC come knocking. The whole world knows PL clubs are batshit full of money and want as much of it as they can get. Fuck me, even leicester are quoting arsenal £50m for mahrez a one season wonder, the shite are putting a £32m bid together for spurs reject sigurdsson.