You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We need about 4-5 first teamers in and weve signed 1 so far. Given how much hard work we usually make of negotiations ill be amazed if we get 3 in and once again go into a season under manned and rue our luck.

Every fucking window we seem to target players who we can't or arnt willing to go and get, it's fucking bollocks.

(Please don't anyone say the window has only just opened it means fuck all )

I err..... I mean..... you just h....... 

I have nothing. 

• Upvote 1

We need about 4-5 first teamers in and weve signed 1 so far. Given how much hard work we usually make of negotiations ill be amazed if we get 3 in and once again go into a season under manned and rue our luck.

Every fucking window we seem to target players who we can't or arnt willing to go and get, it's fucking bollocks.

If we haven't as looks likely got all our main signing in by the time we head off for these games in Asia then for me it is then a struggle to get them integrated properly and to gel...

Klopp was saying only last week how pre season is where all the foundations are laid and how important it is - surely you need to have what you intend to work with in for as much of pre season as possible.

So that said I would expect a lot of stuff to happen in the next two weeks - if it does not then it is time to worry IMO

If we haven't as looks likely got all our main signing in by the time we head off for these games in Asia then for me it is then a struggle to get them integrated properly and to gel...

Klopp was saying only last week how pre season is where all the foundations are laid and how important it is - surely you need to have what you intend to work with in for as much of pre season as possible.

So that said I would expect a lot of stuff to happen in the next two weeks - if it does not then it is time to worry IMO

I've been worried for a while as it seems to be the same dance every window, with the exception of January when we don't even pretend to buy anyone

I've been worried for a while as it seems to be the same dance every window, with the exception of January when we don't even pretend to buy anyone

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment - only because I don't think Klopp would stand for anymore messing around and not adding what we need and in good time this window......The next couple of weeks will be interesting

• Upvote 1

Hang on, I wouldn't ever dream of defending FSG or the shambles of a club we have in general, but you can't just say it means fuck all that only 5 days of 60 have passed in the transfer window! That's just mental, you mental. 

no cunt is signing for us until we qualify for the CL. 

We can forget getting any big names in for pre-season. It simply is not going to happen. 

Make your peace with it. 

Regarding Everton and " getting their business done early " fantastic !

Where were the agents and teams and players flogging false stories and click- bait articles about these players ? Virtually nowhere because it's Everton.

How many teams were lining up to pay the prices for these players, a couple at obviously inflated fees even for today's market. Oh Barca wanted the Spanish lad, did they, why is he not there then.

As for Rooney, imagine the image rights, 100% just to keep him happy and the fans elated at the prospect of the snail paced OAP lover pulling on the shirt again ?

Are squad before anymore signings is stronger than theirs, it will get stronger again.

Things they will be wishing for this year in order -

Us losing the qualifier

Them winning a Derby

Them finishing above us

Heady days and heights reached.

• Upvote 4

Klopp has pretty much told us he's keeping nearly all last years squad. Keepers are the same. He's looking to bring in a 1st choice centre back van dijk, a back up left back robertson or someone , a 1st choice midfielder keita and he's bought a wide player who can play either side. He might get oxlade-chamberlain for the midfield too.

Huddersfield have signed Mounie from Montpellier for for £11.5m. 14 league goals last season.

Get a good look over the next year before we spend £52m on him next July.

Oddly, they've also signed Tom Ince for £8m.

Anyway, they're a great story, especially the way they've kept ticket prices low and having Klopp's best man at the helm. There's also the Shankly link there. Hope they have a fantastic season, aside from their two games with us.

• Upvote 1

People can forget the idea of signing the likes of Keita and VvD early. Neither is an easy signing (even before the southampton apology) and will take time to happen (if at all).

The alternative is we back out and move on now which people will still criticise.

Do you need a hug?

How many clubs have all it's business done in that timescale?

How many clubs have all it's business done in that timescale?

Probably not many - does not make the point it would be best any less relevant though.

Especially given one of our supposed big targets hasn't played any footy for months - wouldn't you want him under your eye ASAP.

Danger is we sign him in late August and we hear " he is behind the rest of the lads, has no rhythm" etc and he is effectively no use to us until end of September or so and by time he gets any understanding with his partner it is even later. Or we get to Dec Jan when the games are coming thick and fast and he is "unable" to play against Man Utd or someone and it is "he is struggling because he didn't have a good pre season he would have been better had he been to our camp in hong kong"

Look at all the tests being done this week at Melwood on players - they do them for a reason, anyone we bring in needs to have similar pre season work.....If we can't get them in for bulk of that work then it hinders us.

I realise it isn't easy but it is something that club should IMO be on.

Hang on, I wouldn't ever dream of defending FSG or the shambles of a club we have in general, but you can't just say it means fuck all that only 5 days of 60 have passed in the transfer window! That's just mental, you mental.

What date did we sign Salah? Pretty sure it was before 5 days ago. The window means fuck all because deals can be done in principal and the players registration just transfers once the window opens.

Given how the other 2 'negotiations' have been going for vvd and Keita and our history to drag deals out and fuck them up can you honestly say we're set to bring I what we need?

Would be nice if we could get done whatever we do so players can have a pre season together..don't like idea of throwing a defence together late in August and straight into season with no pre season together.

No excuse to me not to get things done in time.

I guess that's where signing mammana (if true) comes in, three first team squad defenders in place early, if we bring in VvD as well, great. But if it can't happen we at least won't have to run after second rate options instead. We'd just retain klavan as injury cover.

I guess that's where signing mammana (if true) comes in, three first team squad defenders in place early, if we bring in VvD as well, great. But if it can't happen we at least won't have to run after second rate options instead. We'd just retain klavan as injury cover.

Fair point - still think we'll see what club is made of in next two weeks...