You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We really need to get a move on before that juggernaut that is Everton start to stretch their considerable wealth around. I think it's one of the reasons the top teams have tried to get their players in early, especially city who will be Everton's main rival next season along with Chelsea. 

We may be arguing if this or that player is really worth the prices being reported, just wait until Everton slam the cash down on the table and walk away with many of the top targets this summer. 

Lack of Champions League football will not be an issue with them being able to blow everyone out of the water with wages, a new stadium and at least four trips to Dubai during the season while other clubs are distracted with cup competitions. .

My heads fell off already mate.

• Upvote 1

Believe it when it happens. It goes against everything weve seen from FSG up to now.

Wouldnt be surprising if they offered Southampton a take it or leave it 25m offer

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Have a day off

Buzzing if we get the VVD and Salah deals boxed off.

Two upgrades to our first eleven which is exactly what we need to be doing with signings.

Dropping 20 million on players like markovic or balotelli as "gambles" has been a disaster for us.

I've been a critic of FSG but these deals are a real genuine sign of backing the manager to the hilt and that's great news as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2

As good as van Dijk and Salah would be if we got them, I still reckon Naby Keita would improve us the most. All those shite results against low block sides are the biggest area we need to improve and I reckon Keita would be instrumental in doing that. Our midfield has zero creativity and he would fix that straight away.

• Upvote 1

Faouzi Ghoulam Napoli left back.

Breaking Twitter. Hardly watch any Italian footy, no idea what the lady's like tbh.

Been wondering where all the links to a left back were.  Obviously it's not our main priority and fair enough, if you can get van Dijk, Keita and Salah you move those to the top of the list.  Still, you'd think a left back would be on our list for sure.

Never seen him play a whole game so I can't say much about Ghoulam but Atletico Madrid were chasing him pretty hard and that has to be a good sign.  If there's a club out there who have a good record of picking fullbacks it has to be them.  Plus Rafa bought him originally and even wanted to take him to Madrid, not a bad endorsement either.

Supposedly available for £10-15m so would be in the price range of players you'd think we'd be looking at after signing the three mentioned above for huge money.  I would have liked to seen a move for Theo Hernandez as I've seen more of him but with hype around him growing a bit we'll probably not have the cash left to add him.

Ghoulam would be a smart deal. He's in his prime, has top level experience and only 1 year left on his contract. Hope the usual journos confirm the interest.

Few of the cons though is that he's another one that would go to AFCON and also he's a bit suspect defensively. That being said, he's an absolute force going forward.