You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Oxlade-Chamberlain just went off with a injury in the game vs Southampton. Looked like the hamstring. If he'll be out for 4-8 weeks I doubt we'll go for him. It's just too much risk in paying 20-25M for someone that looks to be injured most of the time.

This is sort of how I feel too.

Unlike others, I am actually a big fan of AOC, I thinnk he'd be perfect for us in that Wijnaldum / Lallana role, giving us pace and power and a physical presence. Not such a fan of his further forward though.

My brother had an interesting observation of the lad too, he said he's got all the attributes you could wish for in a top player...but his passing is crap. Not sure tbh.

For the prices quoted though, I'd pass.

This is sort of how I feel too.

Unlike others, I am actually a big fan of AOC, I thinnk he'd be perfect for us in that Wijnaldum / Lallana role, giving us pace and power and a physical presence. Not such a fan of his further forward though.

My brother had an interesting observation of the lad too, he said he's got all the attributes you could wish for in a top player...but his passing is crap. Not sure tbh.

For the prices quoted though, I'd pass.

AOC even sounds like an injury.

• Upvote 4

Someone seems to have hacked Pearce's twitter account.

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s owners have assured him that the club won’t listen to offers for Philippe Coutinho this summer. (James Pearce)

Hmmmm. Nothing to say that they won't read faxes.

I like the pace and width they have at Man City. If we can get someone as close to Sane to go on the opposite flank to Mane it will do us the world of good. Right now it gets a bit too congested and slow though the middle all the time.

I have been looking at Asensio, admitedly on highlights clips etc. He looks technically gifted and important to me, left footed, so he can use the space on the left without needing to cut back constantly.

Decent set piece delivery also.

Asensio coutinho mane

Behind a striker in the 3.

If we get CL, we should slap the money down on the table etc.

Asensio is going to be a huge star.  If it's true that we really offered 50m euro for him that's a great sign that we're after the kind of player we should be looking at, but I think we probably should have known they'd turn it down.

The fact that they're seemingly willing to sell Gareth Bale to make a place for him tells you everything.  He's brilliant.  We probably made the move a bit too late, if we had offered that for him in January before he really exploded they would almost certainly have taken it, but then again, it would have been hugely risky before we saw him play much in La Liga.

Vdv- £50m

Keita- £30m-£40m

Brandt/Salah-£30m-£40m

AOC- £25m

£135m- £155m

I know that's highly speculative but if Pearce is right then we won't be signing any centre forwards.

But we have £200,000,000 to spend. £45,000,000 to £55,000,000 to spend all on a centre forward.

That'll be the day.

James Pearce did an AMA on Reddit. Says van Dijk and Keita are our top two targets, we're definitely interested in Oxlade-Chamberlain and Salah is under consideration. Reckons we'll have about £120-130m to spend, including sales.

I love the smell of net spend in the morning.

Vdv- £50m

Keita- £30m-£40m

Brandt/Salah-£30m-£40m

AOC- £25m

£135m- £155m

I know that's highly speculative but if Pearce is right then we won't be signing any centre forwards.

If that's close I'd drop AOC and put that money, along with money from the sale of Sturridge, to getting the best striker we can get, to go with the others listed.

As for Brandt, I like him, and would be happy if we got him, but I think we need someone with blistering pace to get around the outside and open it all up. Salah fits the bill, and I'm not sure if Inaki Williams does, but he might be worth a look again.