You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Billy Hogan drops his guard basically admits we don't need stars as we sell out everywhere and we have Klopp.

Looks like most of this squad will be here next season if the Yanks have their way.

“It certainly has (marketing) value when you have a global star. “From our perspective we have one of the biggest global stars in football in Jurgen Klopp. “From a personality standpoint and from a leadership perspective it has been incredibly valuable and beneficial for the club since he’s joined. “In the past we’ve had global iconic players come to the club and that’s been terrific. “Today, we have a talented young squad of players that are growing into their own and some of them are destined to become ‘big name stars’. “I don’t think it hurts us by any means. The club is such a big significant club that it stands on its own in terms of passion and following. “We’ve seen this when we go around on tours. We’ve had no impact in terms of crowd size or passion. “As we look at it, we are one of the few teams in the world that can sell out stadiums. And there are clubs with big stars who can’t do that. “We are focused on winning. We believe the club is in the right hands with Jurgen Klopp. “We’ve seen this season that we have a competitive team playing in the most competitive league in the world.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/global-star-klopp-can-make-12662610

Depressing.

While I'm fairly sure that we will win a few games (most likely Arsenal at home, City away and the derby), I have zero faith that we will get top 4. Arsenal are Arsenal and United are far superior to us.

In light of that, I'd rather put 3-4 of the kids in the team with a few guys like Milner, Coutinho and Mane and see how they get on. At least the experience might stand them in good stead amd you never know, we might find a starter or two for next season. Woodburn, Ejaria and TAA with possibly Masterson. I'd also make Karius number 1 to see if he can come good for the remainder of the season - though in fairness Mig is very far down the list of people I'm critical of right now. If Karius can't hack it, then we go again and try and find a number 1.

We have fuck all to lose and it might give a serious boost to a few of the other kids in the academy. From next season, we need men. Nzonzi is a great shout. A few South American street footballer types who come from a culture of win or starve is what we need rather than Adam, Nathaniel and Jordan etc getting facials and going out for brunch after training. Its high time we turned into a team of fucking arseholes who don't get turned over by journeymen.

Last night when our midfield was getting out fought and out worked by two absolute yard dogs in Drinkwater and Ndidi despite having an extra man in there I was thinking, what would happen if someone just left a fucking boot in a challenge for once, like Mascherano and Gerrard and even Alonso used to do? With the way Oliver was reffing last night it probably wouldn't have even been a free kick.

Last night our midfield getting out fought and out worked by two absolute yard dogs in Drinkwater and Ndidi despite having an extra man in there got me thinking.

What would have happened if someone just left a fucking boot in a challenge for once, like Mascherano and Gerrard and even Alonso used to do? With the way Oliver was reffing last night it probably wouldn't have even been a free kick.

Billy. No one is going to come and watch us in China, Thailand or Hong Kong when we are fucking shite and have no world class players. Also when the Mancs and Chelsea win trophies.

Couldn't even sell out the friendlies in Thailand last time we were there.

When it gets to this point I suppose they'll have to console themselves by selling us for about £1bn profit. Shame really because had they established us as a champions league force they'd make back the extra money they have to spend to get us there.

Imagine this team with Sterling, Suarez, Sanchez, Delete Alli, a competent goalie and a few higher profile players playing under Klopp. As it stands I Imagine Spurs will be a much more attractive financial prospect when the next big investor pops up.

While I'm fairly sure that we will win a few games (most likely Arsenal at home, City away and the derby), I have zero faith that we will get top 4. Arsenal are Arsenal and United are far superior to us.

In light of that, I'd rather put 3-4 of the kids in the team with a few guys like Milner, Coutinho and Mane and see how they get on. At least the experience might stand them in good stead amd you never know, we might find a starter or two for next season. Woodburn, Ejaria and TAA with possibly Masterson. I'd also make Karius number 1 to see if he can come good for the remainder of the season - though in fairness Mig is very far down the list of people I'm critical of right now. If Karius can't hack it, then we go again and try and find a number 1.

We have fuck all to lose and it might give a serious boost to a few of the other kids in the academy. From next season, we need men. Nzonzi is a great shout. A few South American street footballer types who come from a culture of win or starve is what we need rather than Adam, Nathaniel and Jordan etc getting facials and going out for brunch after training. Its high time we turned into a team of fucking arseholes who don't get turned over by journeymen.

Ejaria is out long term.

It'll be the same team v arsenal with possibly Lovren back.

Firmino should be dropped for Origi but won't be.

Billy Hogan drops his guard basically admits we don't need stars as we sell out everywhere and we have Klopp.

Looks like most of this squad will be here next season if the Yanks have their way.

“It certainly has (marketing) value when you have a global star. “From our perspective we have one of the biggest global stars in football in Jurgen Klopp. “From a personality standpoint and from a leadership perspective it has been incredibly valuable and beneficial for the club since he’s joined. “In the past we’ve had global iconic players come to the club and that’s been terrific. “Today, we have a talented young squad of players that are growing into their own and some of them are destined to become ‘big name stars’. “I don’t think it hurts us by any means. The club is such a big significant club that it stands on its own in terms of passion and following. “We’ve seen this when we go around on tours. We’ve had no impact in terms of crowd size or passion. “As we look at it, we are one of the few teams in the world that can sell out stadiums. And there are clubs with big stars who can’t do that. “We are focused on winning. We believe the club is in the right hands with Jurgen Klopp. “We’ve seen this season that we have a competitive team playing in the most competitive league in the world.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/global-star-klopp-can-make-12662610

This is the single most depressing thing I've read on this site, and I say that as someone who’s read most of xerxes posts.

• Upvote 2

"A competitive team."

There you go guyzzzz. Says it all really doesn't it? 

A competitive team. Here's a couple more for you. 

"A good try."

"A decent effort."

"No impact in terms of crowd size or passion."

Sounds like loserville to me. Dear god I wish these arsefaces would just fuck off. 

• Upvote 3

May? May be sold? Why/how the fuck is Moreno still here anyway, he should have been one of the first to be shown the door after Basel.

Years ago class players were ruthlessly cut loose by the manager when they were deemed to have gone past their peak. Now we just tolerate average or shite players and they hang around like bad smells.

• Upvote 1