You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (A) - Saturday, 4th February 2017 - Livin' easy, Lovin' free, Season ticket on a one way ride....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Clyne is a victim of being asked to do a job he can't do all that well...he is a decent right back who defends ok and can move the ball into midfield comfortably enough...what he isn't much cop at is being responsible for our attacking width.

that is it.  His end product in the attacking third is poor, but certainly no worse than Moreno, who invariably has to retreat and pass backwards, as the opposition know he has absolutely no right foot.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Why pick on Origi who scored 5 in 5 before Klopp started fucking around with him? He has hardly played yet is the only player who actually does score when given the chance. Our problems lie behind the forward line,even though that needs strengthening too. I am still bamboozled at no signings at all,even just squad players,in the transfer window just past. I would like to know if this is Klopp or the owners choice as whoever did it has massively underestimated the shithousery we have on the playing staff. Its got to be time for any talented youngsters to get more game time as the so called experienced players have let the club down yet again.

Because he's shit. If you don't agree with that It's fine, we all have opinions. 

I can't believe there's people on here who thought we'd beat them. I'm starting to think this is our main problem. The team and fans thinking we can just turn up and beat teams because we're the mighty Liverpool wooo. There's no easy games in the PL when you're Liverpool. Opposition know we're a soft touch and when we're on such a shit run, they know if they go out there and really try, we'll crumble. 

The sooner we get this 'We should be going to places like Hull and getting 3 points easy!' bollocks out of our heads (players and fans) we might get somewhere. It's all well and good pointing to a Chelsea or the Mancs and saying 'They wouldn't struggle against them sides!' but how many bad seasons have they have in the last 15 years? Fair enough both have benefited from dodgy decisions and 100s of millions of pounds but as much as we hate them, their club culture is where we should be at. 

I remember reading an interview with Carragher admitting that he found it hard to raise his game against the poorer sides and that it was all about games with the Mancs and Bitters. This is probably true for a lot of players but I'd be very surprised if this kinda attitude would be tolerated under a Ferguson. This interview was on the official too and I cant remember what year it was but I think Rafa was still here. 10 years later this is still a problem and still one of our biggest if you ask me. 

It's funny, I like Klopp a lot but even when we were playing well I just couldn't get into it, I think it was because I knew it was still the same old shit underneath. It's like trying to get enthused about a new telly when your house is falling down.

I still didn't/don't like any of the players to be honest, except for Mane. Just don't think the squad has any balls at all.

• Upvote 3

It's funny, I like Klopp a lot but even when we were playing well I just couldn't get into it, I think it was because I knew it was still the same old shit underneath. It's like trying to get enthused about a new telly when your house is falling down.

I still didn't/don't like any of the players to be honest, except for Mane. Just don't think the squad has any balls at all.

At least Milner tries his best.

I can't believe there's people on here who thought we'd beat them. I'm starting to think this is our main problem. The team and fans thinking we can just turn up and beat teams because we're the mighty Liverpool wooo. There's no easy games in the PL when you're Liverpool. Opposition know we're a soft touch and when we're on such a shit run, they know if they go out there and really try, we'll crumble.

The sooner we get this 'We should be going to places like Hull and getting 3 points easy!' bollocks out of our heads (players and fans) we might get somewhere. It's all well and good pointing to a Chelsea or the Mancs and saying 'They wouldn't struggle against them sides!' but how many bad seasons have they have in the last 15 years? Fair enough both have benefited from dodgy decisions and 100s of millions of pounds but as much as we hate them, their club culture is where we should be at.

I remember reading an interview with Carragher admitting that he found it hard to raise his game against the poorer sides and that it was all about games with the Mancs and Bitters. This is probably true for a lot of players but I'd be very surprised if this kinda attitude would be tolerated under a Ferguson. This interview was on the official too and I cant remember what year it was but I think Rafa was still here. 10 years later this is still a problem and still one of our biggest if you ask me.

10 years? Nearly 30 years we've been expecting teams to bow down to us.

Interesting the echo have a stat saying we've been involved in 3 of the 4 biggest upsets this season based on the odds on the teams we're playing. Burnley hull and Swansea were all about 7/1 to beat us.

Arsenal Watford was the biggest surprise. They were about 12s

Jurgen needs to work his transfer magic in the summer on a budget probably. No more to be done to improve what we have. That horse bolted. For the rest of the season either shut up shop and try and knick one or go Gung Ho and try and score more than them. Can't see a nice balance being found with our current crew of bollockless shithouses.

I think what is happening is, teams are using the old boxer Ali's rope a dope tactics against us, which is come out and park a double decker bus against us, let us do all the running, then with 15/20 mins left they come out of their shell knowing we are running out of steam and they score, simple really, but not so easy to solve.

I said it was not going to be easy. I didn't expect us to totally forget how to move the ball at pace. We are so crap right. We have to move the ball faster. Gaps will appear and then the oppo's shape goes to shit once you've done them a few times even if you don't score. We did this earlier in the season. It wasn't as if teams were coming out and being expansive when we were at our best.

I just can't believe Klopp keeps doing the same thing seeing the same results and thinking it will just change. It's so obvious because every single team plays the same way against us. Let us have the midfield, don't let us press by just hitting it long and just wait for a mistake at the back. Playing Lucas again at centre half is fucking criminal.

The main issue though is obvious for everyone to see. Complete lack of width. We've all been waiting for Mane to come back and when he does he basically plays centrally and hardly gets wide. I don't know if it's more obvious to us as fans because we seen it all before with Rodgers and it's what ultimately led to his demise.

We hardly ever have a winger stuck to the touch line with the full back overlapping. It's just so fucking basic. When there's 8 players parked up defensively against you passing through them just doesn't work. Why are we not getting two players on both wings overloading their wide areas? At the moment we are just seeing the same thing every game which is leading to the same result.

Not just the width. It's the runs from midfield out wide and beyond the parked bus as well. That was where we got our success earlier and Can just does not do it enough. He's had success by doing it so why he sits next to Henderson is stupid. It fucks up all of Lallana's good work and has a knock on to the whole side because they are probably expecting runs to move the CB's or fullbacks that don't happen.

Because he's shit. If you don't agree with that It's fine, we all have opinions.

I don't get this at all. He's already scored plenty of goals,in my view this is a striker's main job and is still surprisingly young. He is absolutely NOT shit,but he may turn out not quite to be what we want in the long run. He is one player I would not even consider getting rid of at present.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't get this at all. He's already scored plenty of goals,in my view this is a striker's main job and is still surprisingly young. He is absolutely NOT shit,but he may turn out not quite to be what we want in the long run. He is one player I would not even consider getting rid of at present.

4 goals in the league, 8 in all competition this season. His goals have come against:

Burton in the League cup where we won 5-0

Derby in the League cup where we won 3-0

Sunderland in the league we won 2-0

Leeds in the League cup we won 2-0

Bournemouth in the league we lost 4-3

West Ham in the league we drew 2-2

Boro in the league we won 3-0

Wolves in the FA cup we lost 2-1

He's cored against shite and normally where we were winning comfortably. 

Since the Boro game mid December he has scored 1, that was in the Wolves debacle. He's played a part in every game, albeit some where short cameos. 81 minutes against Everton, 69 v Stoke, 27 v City, 18 v Sunderland, 90 against Plymouth, 8 against Southampton, 60 against Man U, 90 against Plymouth, 21 v Swansea, 13 v Southampton, 90 V Wolves, 1 v Chelsea, 8 V Hull. 

He has not scored plenty as you have put it. He has been pretty fucking shit all season, he hardly uses his pace to get beyond defenders, he waits for the ball to come to him rather than pulling defenders around and making space, he's also a bit of a lazy fucker. IMO he's fucking shit, hopefully we can still cash in on him, he is never going to be the answer for us up front if we have ambitions. 

I said it was not going to be easy. I didn't expect us to totally forget how to move the ball at pace. We are so crap right. We have to move the ball faster. Gaps will appear and then the oppo's shape goes to shit once you've done them a few times even if you don't score. We did this earlier in the season. It wasn't as if teams were coming out and being expansive when we were at our best.

It's this. I'm not sure if it's by design or the lack of a backbone but yes, we were beating teams who sat or harried us by moving the ball quickly. It's all extremely pedestrian now.

4 goals in the league, 8 in all competition this season. His goals have come against:

Burton in the League cup where we won 5-0

Derby in the League cup where we won 3-0

Sunderland in the league we won 2-0

Leeds in the League cup we won 2-0

Bournemouth in the league we lost 4-3

West Ham in the league we drew 2-2

Boro in the league we won 3-0

Wolves in the FA cup we lost 2-1

He's cored against shite and normally where we were winning comfortably.

Since the Boro game mid December he has scored 1, that was in the Wolves debacle. He's played a part in every game, albeit some where short cameos. 81 minutes against Everton, 69 v Stoke, 27 v City, 18 v Sunderland, 90 against Plymouth, 8 against Southampton, 60 against Man U, 90 against Plymouth, 21 v Swansea, 13 v Southampton, 90 V Wolves, 1 v Chelsea, 8 V Hull.

He has not scored plenty as you have put it. He has been pretty fucking shit all season, he hardly uses his pace to get beyond defenders, he waits for the ball to come to him rather than pulling defenders around and making space, he's also a bit of a lazy fucker. IMO he's fucking shit, hopefully we can still cash in on him, he is never going to be the answer for us up front if we have ambitions.

He hasnt played a full game in the league for ages and is better than every striker we have bar Firmino on his day(Sturridge doesnt have his day anymore.) You are focusing your ire in completely the wrong area.

Guest Pistonbroke

He hasnt played a full game in the league for ages and is better than every striker we have bar Firmino on his day(Sturridge doesnt have his day anymore.) You are focusing your ire in completely the wrong area.

I'm not mate, Origi isn't the answer to our problems. Tis all about opinions though.

It's this. I'm not sure if it's by design or the lack of a backbone but yes, we were beating teams who sat or harried us by moving the ball quickly. It's all extremely pedestrian now.

It's about a bunch of cunts with no backbone and no more than a dozen brain cells between them. Why isn't anyone telling Can to get on his bike? Why doesn't Henderson take a few risks when Can decides to stay next to him? Apart from being concerned that Can will have switched off. We were taking risks before. We have to again.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's about a bunch of cunts with no backbone and no more than a dozen brain cells between them. Why isn't anyone telling Can to get on his bike? Why doesn't Henderson take a few risks when Can decides to stay next to him? Apart from being concerned that Can will have switched off. We were taking risks before. We have to again.

We have far too many like for like players in attacking positions, Mane is the only one who brings something different to the party. Put anyone of Coutinho, Firminho or Lallana into another top team and you can bet your arse they would perform better. In our set up they struggle against well drilled defensive teams as they don't have the game to deal with it, especially when they get fuck all help from our CM's. Even when we are enjoying tons of possession in areas that should be hurting the opposition the likes of Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum and Clyne when he gets forward just stink the place out.