You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (A) - Saturday, 4th February 2017 - Livin' easy, Lovin' free, Season ticket on a one way ride....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Karius

Milner

who cares

Matip

Clyne

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Coutino

Firmino

Mane

Obviously our best team and first chance to play it for quite a while.   Shame there's no option to play beside Matip that isn't likely to gift Hull a goal but it is what it is.

With Arsenal playing and hopefully losing to Chelsea, it could be a good weekend for a change.

Karius

Milner

who cares

Matip

Clyne

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Coutino

Firmino

Mane

Obviously our best team and first chance to play it for quite a while.   Shame there's no option to play beside Matip that isn't likely to gift Hull a goal but it is what it is.

With Arsenal playing and hopefully losing to Chelsea, it could be a good weekend for a change.

I hope Arsenal beat Chelsea.

I would go with two up front for this, and try and play as wide as possible.

At the risk of being hung I can see a case for playing Moreno as a wing back, 

United fell into our trap last night and tried to play through the middle too much,

The main threat they had was Rashford going wide,  Stretch these crap sides like Hull and they can't deal with it, What I don't want to see is another 80 percent possession job with us banging our head against a brick wall, We are not Barcelona or anywhere near good enough to pick our way through even the most average packed defense .Let's mix it up with a few longer balls and look for a few fk's around their box

I'd be tempted to play Gomez alongside Matip. Lovren is showing that he is not the answer, and Klavan is a back up. Obviously Gomez is a back up too, but he has the most room to grow and improve. He's been easing in after a long injury lay off and hasn't really done much of note, but I'd like to see him alongside a calm and authoritative Matip.

If Gomez comes on leaps and bounds, and he may, this could be our partnership into the future.

The main downside is Gomez comes in and shows he's not quite ready. Let's say he's a bit rash or makes an error or two. Well, he'd be just like Lovren then!

Put him in there, but only alongside Matip as we need calm authority in the back line for the young man to be able to raise his game and learn from our best central defender.

PS - the rest of he team picks itself, if fit, with that he only real decision between Can and Wijnaldum. The latter gets the nod for me. He quietly efficient, and he's starting to add a couple of goals.

Paul Merson has predicted a 1-1 draw. If I was a betting man, I would bet on any result except a 1-1 draw.

Hull have been playing well since the appointment of Marco Silva. They haven't quite got all the results they wanted but they've been giving a decent account of themselves. The problem is the teams around them have been winning. Hull have had some difficult games but if they can get them out of the way, then there will be some winnable ones that follow.

You don't know what you are going to get with Liverpool. Because of the defeat to Swansea a couple of weeks ago they put themselves in the position where they needed to beat Chelsea. If they'd have beaten Swansea a draw would have been alright.

The problem is Chelsea are running away with this because of their results against the sides outside the top six. From the 15 games they've played against sides outside the top six, they've picked up 14 wins and a draw. That's incredible, and that's why they are where they are. The other top six sides, including Liverpool, are dropping points against the so-called lesser teams. I see that continuing for Liverpool this weekend with Hull snatching a draw.

They have only beaten Leicester, Southampton and Bournemouth at home this season so lets not get too pants downs about Hull, Kloppo will mix it up tomorrow and we will be ok 

So long as we win, I will be happy with any result.

Whilst my heart says that if Arsenal win, meaning the title race is back on, the head wants Chelsea to win to ensure it direct rivals for one of the top 4 pages drops points. In reality, all Chelsea have to do for their next fifteen games is play, defensively against anyone in the to 6 and keep on battering the shite which they will do so the title is gone, if it was there at all

But we need to get back to winning ways, starting tomorrow please Jurgen.

We're closer to Everton than Chelsea. It was daft wanting Spurs to beat them but at least there was a glimmer then, it makes sense on no level at all wanting an Arsenal win.

I'd rather anyone win the league other than Chelsea United and Everton.

The more points Chelsea drop the better.

Champions League football is a great prize and I don't understand why supporters don't care about it. There is nothing small-time about being very happy finishing top 4. Liverpool belong in the elite club competition and we are absent from it all too often. Also, the best memory from Klopp's reign thus far has been a great European night against a big club and to recreate those good feelings as often as possible we have to qualify for the Champions League.

• Upvote 3