You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea today....

Duncan Clench

Didn't see this thread before I posted the team - there are quite a few surprises.

Doesn't matter what team we put out, we're just fucking shit. It's embarrassing how inept we are. Fucking woeful, Carra was the only one who deserved his wages after that.

Doesn't matter what team we put out, we're just fucking shit. It's embarrassing how inept we are. Fucking woeful, Carra was the only one who deserved his wages after that.

Caution killed us again i dont know if its Rafa or the players but we were so cautious again away from home why cant we adapt Anfield tactic, Carra and Traore were the only players who had ok games and Cisse never had any service and Garcia bottlled it more times than Kewell and that takes some doing, the team seems to be full of fairweather players who cant cut it away from home Alonso being a prime example.

As i said if its down to Rafa he's got to be much more positive away from home

Caution 1 Liverpool 0

Carra had a great game, as did Traore I think.....other than that it was quite horrible really. Chelsea were absolute shite today and we still managed to produce very little attacking threat.

Big changes still needed.

Carra had a great game, as did Traore I think.....other than that it was quite horrible really. Chelsea were absolute shite today and we still managed to produce very little attacking threat.

Big changes still needed.

Agree about Djimi. He was decent, and Kirky did nothing wrong. As for the rest though.....

I know I don't like him and have said it before but Troare looked a lot better than he has in the past. Still far too many mistakes though to say he played that well, not sure even he knows what he was doing when Ferriera skinned him by using that canny trick of moving sideways a bit.

You could see how pissed off Alonso was with his performance, and he needed to be, so many poor deliveries. Players need to get fucking interested or fuck off. simple really. I can take trying and failing but at least lets get the trying bit first eh!

Guest howartj

must agree, Chelski were shite but we had no idea or no attack, its not looking good. I know its early days for a new gaffa but i wonder what that Celtic manager is doing next season???? (I hate sounding so down on Raffa already but what does everybody else think???)

must agree, Chelski were shite but we had no idea or no attack, its not looking good. I know its early days for a new gaffa but i wonder what that Celtic manager is doing next season???? (I hate sounding so down on Raffa already but what does everybody else think???)

I think it may be slightly fickle to look for a new manager?

What do you think?

Do you think?

I read that post and couldn't believe my eyes, and then I looked at your location and suddenly everything made sense :whatever: (btw I've no idea if you are trying to be ironic).

Guest howartj

I think all the time Stu, hence the reason i'm thinking ahead. I was slagged off by my red mates 2 years ago for wanting Le Boss out, i know LFC aren't made that way (i.e. get rid of the manager a.s.a.p.) but tell me honestly Stu, whats your early thinking of the Raffa?

obviously a wind up

Rafa fcuked up today with his team selection but he is still one of the best manager's in europe as proven in how he has transformed our home form.

He needs time and his players but im not sure he's gonna get any money come Jan, so there might be a few more heartaches yet this season

You are an idiot. I very rarely engage in personal abuse but you are. As I have stated on another thread I hope the next time you move job after being the greatest (whatever you do) in your country you get 8 weeks to sort out 2 years of decline.

He's a blue on a wind up, 100% guaranteed.

Guest howartj

I read that post and couldn't believe my eyes, and then I looked at your location and suddenly everything made sense (btw I've no idea if you are trying to be ironic).

Well i was at the resent CL game, what happened to all the locals who could have payed on the gates and sang their hearts out, total bollocks, been at Anfield many times and sang YNWA and heard scousers all around talking about last nights events in the pub, can't believe this gets raised i.e oot wooly back, listen mate, i've been a fu***** fan for 25 years, i'm sat here at 12:10 on a Sunday night (and i won't be roggering the missus when i go to bed I'll be reading a fanzine, RAOTL cos i'm upto date with the other fanzines, this club has been my life even though i am a wooly back!!!!)

Guest howartj

Problem - A need to break up opposition attacks and retain possession

Solution - Dietmar Hamman

NOT SALIF FUCKING DIAO!!!

A comment from you Stu, yes i know its early days but the signs aren't f***** good you dim witted t**t!! You started the abuse!!!!1

What yesterday proved to me is that we are still short of those quality signings for key positions that we all knew about at the start of the season: pacy centre-half, left and right-sided midfielders and a goal-scorer.

Of Rafa's initial signings, obviously we haven't seen Nunez yet, but I'm well happy with Garcia and Alonso. However, the nagging doubts about Josemi, that I raised after Bolton and United, remain. We all wondered how we'd got a quality player for £2m. Well, I think I know: his positioning is poor for a player with so little pace. He ends up getting ripped apart when up against quality left sided players. Now I know he's not had the sort of defensive support someone like Danny Murphy would always provide, but I think he's making life hard for himself. Carra (obviously) made an immediate impression on that side as soon as he moved across. It struck me as naive, at best, to play Garcia ahead of Josemi on that side when facing Duff, although the manager's intentions were clearly to attack. Less than ten appearances is not enough to properly judge a player. I'll make up my mind fully about him after Christmas, but the signs aren't great.

On the zonal defending conundrum, I felt we looked a bit better at it and aside from Riise possibly reacting a fraction of a second too late, there was nothing we could do for Cole's goal, which was brilliantly taken first time on the half-turn. Yes, Kewell also had to clear off the line, but that's what he's there for. I don't think the boss is going to change his mind on this, so it's good that they seem to be adjusting to it.

The bottom line is that we are a poor side away from home and I can't make a definitive statement about our home record until we've played someone half-decent. We are already badly missing Gerrard, but it's the lack of quality elsewhere in the side that's really hurting us. In the spirit of the Rafalution, we've all tended to give players like Diao, Finnan, Traore, Kewell, Biscan etc a clean slate. However, it's clear that, for various reasons (none of which are particularly important) these players are not consistently playing with quality and need replacing. Let's hope we can get some cash in by January, because even when Rafa's ideas have taken root, there are still too many poor players here. It's now obvious to me that Houllier always bought players with his system in mind rather than buying the best footballers. That's why there are so many workman-like players at the club without any guile or original ideas. He wanted bodies to do exactly what he said; the trouble is they can't think or play for themselves.

It looks like The Rafalution is going to have to be a much bloodier coup than we originally thought.

Problem - A need to break up opposition attacks and retain possession

Solution - Dietmar Hamman

NOT SALIF FUCKING DIAO!!!

A comment from you Stu, yes i know its early days but the signs aren't f***** good you dim witted t**t!! You started the abuse!!!!1

So you'd be happy to get 8 weeks to turn around 2 years of decline in your next job then?

Maybe we could get O'Niell then if he loses his first two get someone else after that...what do you reckon?

Fuck off you tit, go and support another team :wallbutt: