You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Tuesday, 31/1/2017 - Chelsea, Chelsea. We're gonna make it a blue day......for those cockney fucks!

Nelly-Szoboszlai

I hate chelsea even more than donkey abuse adverts, which I actually hate more than donkey abuse itself.

Can't be arsed hating them. It only makes one bitter. Wish we were extracting the most from our potential. I'd be happy with that, not necessarily winning titles, but just having the best possible people and smartest possible setup. 

• Upvote 2

We are very vulnerable to counter-attacking and playing against probably the best counter-attacking team in the league , so I'm not confident.

Take the earlier point about the Man City game but they tried to get forward whereas I feel Conte will let us come to them.

( Can't believe Chelsea are 2/1 with William Hill )

So Mane is the fucking cavalry ready to ride over the hill. All a bit desperate really,

If we don't spend half the game battering our head against brick wall trying to thread it through the centre of their defense we might have a better chance, Tight at the back go wide , get to the goal line, win a few fk's around the box,. Just be a bit fucking smarter .Oh and don't play Sturridge

• Upvote 3

I hear a lot of people saying that mane, being only one man,can't be the only thing to save us and I agree,to a point. As has been stated, by far more knowledgeable than me, is that he frees up lallana to revert back to his usual position,gives the opposition full back a big problem in that he has to stay wide to mark mane. This then means that the centre halves have to move over to the left to compensate. Then coutinho automatically has more space to work with and Milner too. So,mane affects 4 positions on our own team and 4 on the opposition. This should have been done with either origi or Ojo in my opinion for the last few weeks but at least we have that back now. Bit long winded but ye get the drift.

• Upvote 3

We can beat them. We've beaten them already this season. We've beaten better Chelsea teams. They're not invincible.

Two things.

1)They've got one of the highest ever point tallies for this stage of a season.

2) We're shite. We're talking losing to the bottom team and a championship club level of shiteness here.

So yeah, we'll probably beat this lot before fucking up against Hull.

Unfortunately we killed off our own title challenge a few weeks ago, they're basically just hiding the corpse now. 

But really it wasn't a title challenge, we just sprinted off on what is a marathon and not a sprint race. 

• Upvote 2

Can we beat them? Hell yes! Are we likely to? Probably not given the respective forms of both teams. I think it will be a draw and to be honest, that won't be a terrible result as long as we show some improvement in our performance. Chelsea are not unbeatable and if we were in our early season form we'd beat them today. But we're playing like a shadow of the team that was pasting everyone last year so a draw won't be a disgrace.

I really hope I am wrong but I don't feel we have bottomed out yet and a good hiding off these followed by embarrassment at Hull will probably occur before we do. It feels like there is something really rotten about us right now and it is gonna get worse before it gets better.

If the players have any balls, any pride and any desire they will be really bang up for this tonight and prove me wrong.

Here's hoping they do prove me wrong as much as i just can't see it.