You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

God Save The Queen - Would You Sing It?

Bjornebye

Would you sing the national anthem?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sing the national anthem?

• Yes
    • No

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. No.

Ha, the comments -

Hi Ben, I’m a student at Norwich University, and I’d love to reference your tweet in my dissertation about guys who were breast fed into their mid 20s. Do I have your permission to reference the tweet?

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke
43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. No.

Fucking hell, that'll show that nasty Virus that it's picking on the wrong people. The lazy cow should be out in her garden doing laps for the NHS, or better still getting a grip of her incompetent Government. 

Absolutely fucking no way.

It is a horrible dirge as well....totally unbefitting as a 'national anthem' - other nations have anthems that sing about the land, the people, it's history, it's ideals etc.

This country sings a dirge to an unelected priviliged old woman.

If i was good enough to be selected to represent this country at sport i would simply refuse to represent England and if it was an olympic job then i'd represent GB but refuse to sing or stand for that fucking song and what it represents.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Likewise. Ditto that “...the rich man in his castle, the poor man at his gate” nonsense.

Among the best lessons my long departed grandmother, I was raised by her, taught me was ‘the reason they have everything is because you have nothing and never forget that’

She was a good woman and ‘ard as nails. Lost her husband at thirty, he was useless by all accounts, and raised four kids, and a stray grandchild, single handily through working 12 hour days six days a week and never once let you know she was tired, or annoyed, just always gave perspective, explanation and fuelled the anger that I took in to my adult life about the godawful imbeciles, who fail to see beyond the end of their own noses or think anything other than what they’ve been told to think, that share this rock in the sea with me.

• Upvote 2

I quite like Land of Hope and Glory. And Rule Britannia was good but has been hijacked by bellends. And Jerusalem is a classic.

But God Save the Queen/King? No. It's just a classic English thing of doffing your cap to your superiors. 

"Shine your shoes, Guvnor? Spit in my eye and stamp on my chest while I do it."

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I quite like Land of Hope and Glory. And Rule Britannia was good but has been hijacked by bellends. And Jerusalem is a classic.

But God Save the Queen/King? No. It's just a classic English thing of doffing your cap to your superiors. 

Land of Hope and Glory is exactly what a national anthem should be. About the land,its people and the hope that one day it will be a much better place to live. The exact opposite of the other dirge.

Guest Pistonbroke
56 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Rule Britannia may be better musically speaking but the lyrics are every bit as bad as GSTQ. Especially the ironic line about 'Never being enslaved' considering a lot of the UK's wealth is off the back of slavery.