You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) League Cup semi final 2nd Leg - no shit puns edition

he kept giving Alexander 5 yard passes and saying see what you can do with it because he was shit scared himself to try. Gerrard would never in a million years have done that to an 18year old. He's a complete shithouse.

A million times this.

another clearout...when did the first one happen?

Since Klopp arrived, players signed: 6

Mané

Karius

Matip

Klavan

Manninger

Wijnaldum

Players let go: 15

Enrique

Toure

Rossiter

Teixeira

Sinclair

Canos

Skrtel

Ibe

Allen

Smith

Benteke

Alberto

Balotelli

Ilori

Sakho

Who goes in the summer?

Mignolet, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Sturridge, Markovic, Sakho, Ings, all the 3rd/4th/5th choice keepers, and all the shite kids.

Anyone else?

Not many senior players left to take after that outside of our current first XI.

I've a feeling we'll be sticking with the Mig/Karius axis of flapping, but we clearly need a left back, a centre half, a defensive/screening/playmaking/smart/not stupid midfielder and two attackers.

Guest Pistonbroke

Who goes in the summer?

Mignolet, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Sturridge, Markovic, Sakho, Ings, all the 3rd/4th/5th choice keepers, and all the shite kids.

Anyone else?

I'd add Origi, Henderson and Stewart to that list. Obviously we won't sell all of them, but if we throw enough shit against the wall some might stick. 

It's kind of sad though, both of our lists make up a starting 11 which wouldn't look out of place in the Championship yet we rely on half of them. 

Need another in the mould of Mane, someone like Lucas Moura, Walcott or even Nani would improve us immeasurably, it's so fucking slow and congested at the moment.

Is Walcott fit these days? I'd love him here of so. Moura would be decent. What ever happened to Kevin Volland? Looked a player a few years back

Since Klopp arrived, players signed: 6

Mané

Karius

Matip

Klavan

Manninger

Wijnaldum

Players let go: 15

Enrique

Toure

Rossiter

Teixeira

Sinclair

Canos

Skrtel

Ibe

Allen

Smith

Benteke

Alberto

Balotelli

Ilori

Sakho

no wonder we are struggling 2 arguably 3 players who are important to us added in 3 windows...

On the plus side from last night if we had fluked a couple of goals late on and stolen it I think we'd all be dreading a final against that shower ....

I know it's a bit defeatist but the way this group of players constantly shit the bed I don't think I could handle playing and probably losing to Mourinho and Utd .

• Upvote 1

Our first team looks shot, and our bench is woefully short on quality. If only there was a specific time of the season when you could add to the playing staff when it was obvious things where beginning to go pear shaped.

You mean some sort of "transfers window"? That's just crazy talk.

• Upvote 1

Its deja fucking view every season,  Mass clearout required and half a dozen world class replacements in,  Football hasn't changed that much despite what people think. Priority has to be to have someone that can knock the roundy thing in the goal at one end and someone that can do the opposite at the other,  In between some decent players that can get hold of the ball and kick it in the right direction,

Stop fucking about and pay what is required to get hold of a top class striker and keeper. The bit in the middle will largely take care of itself with what we have already and a few shrewd purchases. 

Who goes in the summer?

Anyone else?

For next season, I'd keep Mignolet and loan out Karius.

I'd sell Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Markovic, Sakho, and Ings.

I'd bring in Heaton, Van Dijk, Dahoud, and a left back.