You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) League Cup semi final 2nd Leg - no shit puns edition

80 % possession of sideways passes rules!

I make it 4 games now (2 plymouth games and 2 FLC semis) where we've gone pass, pass, pass, pass, backwards, pass forward, pass, pass, pass, square, pass backwards, pass etc, etc.

Get a few shots in on the keeper FFS. That plymouth keeper never had an easier game in League 2 all fucking season. If the defence is packed, look to pick up any rebound. You never know, one or two shots might get through to the keeper and he might even spill one. We're a cure for insomnia at the moment.

nearly started a justice whether you like it, or not, in football thread.

pinched their players and then served us up cold over two legs.

unpalatable truth. in 4 halves of football we were woeful.

but still plenty to play for. i'm a masochist to the end.

mostly unavoidable bollocks backheel

• Upvote 1

I can't be bothered to depress myself anyone more and read through this thread so I apologise if any of this has been posted.

Karius done ok today and so did Milner, Coutinho gets a pass because it's only his 2nd? Game. Everyone should hang their heads in shame, today was pathetic, Klopps not blameless in this either. Never again should Sturridge start instead of playing Firmino upfront, the guys finished, he's useless. When he chased that one ball down the line he looked like a 40 year old chasing is, I mean he had a 5 yard head start and still lost. I shouted at the tv that I hoped he injured himself whilst hitting the boards, at least I wouldn't have to watch that piece of shit barely running around anymore.

Carragher was spot on in his assessment of Sturridge that if he doesn't score it's like having 10 men on the field.

We need reinforcements now, Henderson is the most crab like player I've ever seen, Can has been atrocious lately. What pissed me off about Henderson the most was that he's the captain, he's the leader and he kept giving Alexander 5 yard passes and saying see what you can do with it because he was shit scared himself to try. Gerrard would never in a million years have done that to an 18year old. He's a complete shithouse.

We were embarrassing tonight, yes it was handball but that doesn't take away from the fact that over 180 minutes the so called best attack in the country couldn't score, tonight was without Southamptons first choice pairing. We just have nothing to come off the bench to change a game, absolutely nothing. Lallana was dreadful tonight also, think his purple patch is well and truly over. The way we're going well struggle to get 5th place, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal will all definitely beat us over the next few weeks so we'll fall further and further behind while Man Utd will keep picking up points to take over us. Shit.

• Upvote 3

Trying a few shots on target wouldnt go amiss instead of all the sideways and backwards passing that's going on.

No ones taking responsibility. Dare I say it they lack character to force a game in their favour.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

So angry after that, again. Slow, ponderous football, again. There were about 10 mins during that game when we created three good chances (2 for Sturridge and 1 for Coutinho) when I thought we looked like the team that played the first few months of the season. For the rest of the game we looked pretty clueless, toothless and to be honest not that bothered about the game, again. Southampton wanted that so much more. They had the urgency, the game plan, the determination and the fight to beat us easily. Southampton were superb over two legs, deserved to win it by far. Where was our fight? Where were the leaders on the pitch screaming at the other players to show some damn urgency? It wasn't wave after wave of attack, it was wave after wave of slow, sideways passing football, and a lot of misplaced passes at that!

When I looked at our bench last night I was thinking there are no real inspiring options to bring on if it isn't working. We have a very small squad capable of maintaining the kind of football we've been enjoying over the past few months until this month. It would not be that difficult to find a couple of players to add to the squad and give it more bite and options. OK maybe you pay a little over the odds at this time of year, but for fucks sake, it is staring them (manager and owners) in the face. Don't know why we're not buying, but this stubbornness has been and will continue to be our undoing this season. That's how it feels anyway.

We earn loads but spend fuck all. Quite simply, fuck you FSG. Do the thing or fuck off.

Ever since the ticket fiasco with the stadium walkout it has seemed pretty obvious to me that they are not particularly interested. They wanted prices up, fans didn't. They control the purse-strings and they've been tightened up.

The season is unfortunately rolling off the tracks so it's going to be a tough second half. Maybe things improve over the Summer.

The kid at right back showed more balls than our captain all night. Thats what we're up against.

Henderson is not a Captain. Trent-Arnold lost the ball but Henderson quickly got it back. Trent-Arnold wanted it back, Henderson basically turned away from him, ran towards three Southampton players then just gave the ball straight to all three of them who ran past him.

A Captain leads by example. Some example that is.

The final line of Klopp's quote is incredibly concerning :

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "They won both games, they deserved it. We did really well. We cannot create more chances than we did in the second half - we were dominant. It is difficult because you have to take risks but too many risks plays to their strengths.

"We had seven good chances. You have to score, and we didn't do, so we lost. I'm fine with the performance but not the result."

Henderson is not a Captain. Trent-Arnold lost the ball but Henderson quickly got it back. Trent-Arnold wanted it back, Henderson basically turned away from him, ran towards three Southampton players then just gave the ball straight to all three of them who ran past him.

A Captain leads by example. Some example that is.

I hate him to be honest, he's a coward. Quite often when under pressure he'll pass the ball to a player (as he did with Arnold tonight) who has an opposition player right on them so it's him who doesn't lose it. It's like a hot potato with him.

The 50-50 he had early on where he pulled out after miscontrolling sums him up. He's a fucking cog yet we've got him as our captain.

We best not get into Europe because if this is how we react to a bit of congestion over last month then we'll be fucked, that is unless we buy about 5 players in the summer (which of course we wont).

Waiting on Mane like some magic bullet aswell is foolish, we struggled against teams that sat deep before he went and now everyone has the formula for frustrating us.

As soon as that finished I switched over to Jaws on ITV 4 but after five minutes I had to turn it off as just like our game I'd seen it before it was all to familiar I knew how it ended oh and just like our thin squad we definitely need a bigger boat.

"Y'all know me, know how I earn a livin"

Yeah Henderson you prick, by passing sideways and pointing. Like a taller jay Spearing.

"Y'all know me, know how I earn a livin"

Yeah Henderson you prick, by passing sideways and pointing. Like a taller jay Spearing.

Exactly, which is fine in certain circumstances, but when you're needing a goal and he's demanding the ball off a CB to pass it 2 yards to someone who the CB could have passed it to anyway if he wasn't there and when he's not doing anything incisive with the ball offensively any time he gets it, not even trying to in fact, then you have to ask legitimate questions about his role in the side.  Honestly, he'd be the first out the door in the summer for me and give the armband to someone with some bollocks