You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (H) Sat 21st ye swanny play better reds

Bjornebye

Straight up question...Why are we blaming FSG? Have we missed out on targets?

We knew we were losing mane and we were in a good position a top signing could have kicked us on.

We're assuming fsg are holding out on us as opposed to Klopp doesn't want to sign anyone.

• Upvote 1

Sell Stig in the January window!

We were so pedestrian and sloppy in the first half, and we began the second in the same fashion. How often do we let goals in after condeding a needless corner? Also, how often do opposition teams' corners land in a dangerous area? It doesn't seem to matter who takes corners for us, they can only kick it marginally better than Aspas.

Not a good game for either Henderson nor Clyne. Henderson gave the ball away far too often, and Clyne was playing like Glen Johnson out there today. Maybe Clyne wasn't 100% after missing the last couple of games but whatever it was, he was poor today.

Klavan and Lovren cover the same space or player far too often and end up getting in each other's way. That's how Redmond found space to score against us for Southampton the othe day.

Can and Coutinho were passengers for the most part, and both Wijnaldum and Lallana looked off the pace. Both worked hard and did have some good moments though.

Firmino scored 2 good goals - the second one a cracker that reminded me a bit of Lewandowski's last minute winner for Bayern last night - and worked his bollocks off.

Matip has finally appeared on the losing side.

All in all, this is a huge setback in a month where we have really gone off the boil. It's not all down to the abcense of Mane, but that has played a big part. We just don't have the dynamism of the early months and we're dropping points and being forced into replays because of it.

We have 3 home games in succession before the end of the month in three competitions, and we really need to get our act together.

I also think the squad needs a fresh injection of impetus now, but we never seem to be serious about improving anything in January. We'll probably do something like the Teixeira 'negotiations' from last year - lowballing the club, being declined, telling everyone that we're still interested, and then time running out.

Guest Pistonbroke

But at least they'd make a nice profit to fund their subsidiary company.

Indeed. 

I have a feeling the conversation went something like this. 

Klopp: "We need to strengthen, how much money do I have?"

FSG: "Oh, we are giving you money, if you can sell Sakho and a few others first. If you can get 30 million from sales we'll give you 20 million to spend"

Door shuts, as well as the window.

Hope I'm fucking wrong btw, but I have a funny feeling we'll be doing things this way for future windows. Klopp will be handed 20 million in the summer and part of any money he can generate through selling off who he doesn't want. 

We play 2 wide forwards every single match but only have 2 players who can play there in the entire squad, which means if Mane or Coutinho are missing we either move Lallana out of position into the front 3 (which kills the midfield) or shift Firmino out wide (which kills the attack). I'd honestly take someone as shit as Wayne Routledge and play him in Mane's position if it meant actually being able to play Firmino and Lallana where they're most effective and not have them plugging gaps.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be against subbing any of the midfield 3 tbh mate.

Fair enough. Those three should never EVER make up a Liverpool midfield again but we knew that already. Three piano carriers does not a great midfield make. I'm just about out of patience with Can. Not far from it with Henderson and Wijnaldum hasn't pulled up any tree's. Maybe it's the mix, or lack of variation bit if, and it looks like we are, sticking with them then Lallana should be nailed on in midfield and perm two from those three. No pace in today's team whatsoever. Apparently we don't need any signings, I'm having great trouble squaring that.

Thats been in the post for weeks.

We clearly needed to strenghten.

We knew we were Losing Mane.

We lack a front focus.

Sturridge will never be the player he was. We let Stoke get Berahino for relative buttons.

We know Lovren is complete shite, yet chose to ignore it while Matip was alongside.

We know FSG are just here for the cash, a title, a cup, means less than fuck all to them.

Sorry but im not getting on the LFC rollercoaster again this year. Im done with the drama. Happened too often. The Mancs will finish the weekend 2 points behind us.

If Fsg dont care then neither do i.

I feel sick, but resigned to not giving a fuck anymore.

• Upvote 1