You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who Are Your Top 5 Favourite Reds

Bjornebye

Going down the nostaliga lain. These players made my heart go faster:

Toshack  -  His poster above my boyhood bed and BBC radio commentary “….Keegan… Toshaaaaacck!!!” Fond memories that

Dalglish  -  Genious but above all. What a man!

Suarez  -  The closest I’v been to man-love

McDermott  -  Don’t know why but I simply loved that player

Fowler  -  How can you not have him on a list like this?

How is it possible to stop at 5?

Souness, Kenny, Rush, Whelan, McDermott.

So many i loved - honourable mentions for Al, Jan and Stevie Nicol. I loved Lawro back in the day, then I heard him speak. Aldo was terrific because he's only a few years older than me and just such a great scouse bloke.

First childhood hero was Kevin Keegan.

The modern players I liked a lot in some cases, but I wouldn't have said that they were heroes. I would put Suarez and Stevie in the top 5 players to have played for us (in my lifetime).  

Barnes - Still the best player i have seen at Anfield and i was a teenager when he was at his peak for us in 88-90

Dalglish - There is nothing to dislike about the man, he IS Liverpool. 

Gerrard - modern day hero, not many of those

Fowler - Helped make the 90's less painful

Ray Kennedy - childhood hero. 

Loved Suarez but i can't put him ahead of those five because of the protracted attempts to leave. Anyone who leaves before their peak and of their own accord gets a minus point i'm afraid.