You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

I have just signed up to them today. I knew which package I wanted and just started an online chat and they immediately offered to wave the £20 activation fee. I wondered why, reading the last couple of pages may explain why. 

Just cancelled. Their customer service is a joke.

Just cancelled. Their customer service is a joke.

Aye, they’re properly bollocks.

Was on the verge of giving them my money for a year to get access to Sky and BT sports. Without getting into the boring detail, ended up telling them where to go because they were vague, totally inconsistent and unsure on the terms of their own offers and hopelessly unreliable in getting back to me.

Plus they told me their lines aren’t taped. Made me think I could get shafted on some of the details I’d been promised and be unable to prove it.

Was on the verge of giving them my money for a year to get access to Sky and BT sports. Without getting into the boring detail, ended up telling them where to go because they were vague, totally inconsistent and unsure on the terms of their own offers and hopelessly unreliable in getting back to me.

Plus they told me their lines aren’t taped. Made me think I could get shafted on some of the details I’d been promised and be unable to prove it.

Yeah to the bold bit. Absolutely no communication and when I contacted them I was non the wiser but wasted a lot of my time. 

Anyway, it turns out I still had 3 months left on my current contract, I thought it had finished, so was going to have to pay a early cancellation fee, which I don't now, so all good. 

As long as you’re not tied into anything at the minute, shop around for the best deal you can get from any ISP for fibre broadband. After that if you can spare £100-£120 I can promise to walk you through getting set up with absolutely everything you want or need TV wise for the next 12 months. And then £50-£60 to renew it every year after that.

It’s just a £50-£60 initial outlay for an Android box and the same again for an IPTV sub. TV shows and movies on demand will cost you fuck all as long as you’ve got the box and the broadband.

As long as you’re not tied into anything at the minute, shop around for the best deal you can get from any ISP for fibre broadband. After that if you can spare £100-£120 I can promise to walk you through getting set up with absolutely everything you want or need TV wise for the next 12 months. And then £50-£60 to renew it every year after that.

It’s just a £50-£60 initial outlay for an Android box and the same again for an IPTV sub. TV shows and movies on demand will cost you fuck all as long as you’ve got the box and the broadband.

Don't trust this man.

Seriously though, Turdseye is extremely helpful and will get you sorted. In fact all the guys on the IPTV thread are all brilliantly helpful.

Spoke to their IT staff today.

They’re a proper fucking joke.

I think basically if it all works, you don’t have to speak to them and you’re happy with your deal they’re great.

At present though they’re a shambles. Calls to them are often characterised by a lack of basic competence or even the pretence of wanting to help you with anything.

Without wanting to sound racist (I’d like to keep it a secret I am) the fact skys customer support are all British based is a massive advantage.

Whenever you call virgin it’s British based until they get you signed to a contract, after that you’ve got no fucking chance.

Last few times I’ve spoken with them they’ve been scouse or Scottish.

All skys seem to be Scottish. Ever since I’ve signed up with virgin I’ve never spoken to someone in a British call centre.

Sky always sexy sounding Scots. I do hate the Indian and Pakistan based call centres though, even more than some of the useless British based cunts. Generally poorly trained, and just follow a script. That’s how to keep costs down, I guess.

Sky always sexy sounding Scots. I do hate the Indian and Pakistan based call centres though, even more than some of the useless British based cunts. Generally poorly trained, and just follow a script. That’s how to keep costs down, I guess.

Agreed - I don’t give a flying fuck what someone’s nationality is I just want them to fix my problem!

I had some banking issue a while ago, was on the phone for a good couple of hours, getting passed around various departments on a world tour of non-English speaking countries. None of them even slightly helpful, then the last one I was passed to was a sexy sounding scouse bird who sorted my problem in about 5 minutes. Quite a bizzare ending to an emotional journey.