You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

I use VM for my broadband but only because they’re the only fibre provider where I live.

If I had a choice i’d use someone else as their customer service is fucking atrocious.

Ditto regarding Virgin being the only cable game is town but had no real problems and not had to deal with their customer services yet.

We’ve currently got the full package with them and am wondering if you change your broadband supplier do you have to change the account name

I just looked this up on google and it seems that some providers will scrap your email address if you cancel but apparently not Sky. It didn't even occur to me tbh that a provider would scrap an email account if you switched away from them but apparently a lot do.

https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/can-i-keep-my-email-address-if-i-change-provider/

Is that what you're asking about?

Some tips.

Sky retention are shit. Give 30 days notice the guys who call back before that expires have the real discounts

Virgin view themselves somewhat like Apple,they are a premium provider and would rather lose a customer than go cheap. But they will go slightly cheaper.

Bt sky and talk talk do fibre broadband but the maximum speed is 78mb but ask yourself do you need 200mb. And do you get It? My virgin is meant to be 100mb I get 30 at times and still have no problem

• 5 months later...

Virgin is losing all UKTV channels as from midnight tomorrow. (Saturday night) There's been a disagreement over the fees Virgin pay so that means no Gold, Dave, Alibi, Drama and a load more.Most of the programs we watch are on those.

Just been on to Sky and switching will be a pain in the ass and a dish is needed for TV. Also a problem with BTSports.

Hopefully there will be a last minute reprieve.

• Upvote 1

Virgin are saying they'll replace the 10 channels with new ones.

Can't say I'm that arsed as I don't watch any of the 10 that are going but surely grounds to phone up & ask for some sort of discount.

Virgin is losing all UKTV channels as from midnight tomorrow. (Saturday night) There's been a disagreement over the fees Virgin pay so that means no Gold, Dave, Alibi, Drama and a load more.Most of the programs we watch are on those.

Just been on to Sky and switching will be a pain in the ass and a dish is needed for TV. Also a problem with BTSports.

Alibi, Drama and Dave are on freeview.

Didn’t you say your missus watches Towie and Made in Chelsea? You’re in for a world of shit with the Lifetime channel you’re about to pick up.

Britain's Next Top Model, The Real Housewives of New Jersey and I Can Make you a Supermodel

Pray for Tokyo.

There’s a free UKTV app you can get if you’ve got a smart TV. It doesn’t have live channels but it has loads of the programmes on catch-up.

Didn’t you say your missus watches Towie and Made in Chelsea? You’re in for a world of shit with the Lifetime channel you’re about to pick up.

Pray for Tokyo.

There’s a free UKTV app you can get if you’ve got a smart TV. It doesn’t have live channels but it has loads of the programmes on catch-up.

How do you get that? Her Indoors will no doubt continue to watch some utter tripe but I need to preserve my sanity.

How do you get that? Her Indoors will no doubt continue to watch some utter tripe but I need to preserve my sanity.

LifetimeHD is one of the replacement channels on that list that Mook posted earlier.

Edit: Ah, the app? Have you got a Smart TV then? You should just be able to find it in the built-in store. If you’ve got a Firestick or anything like that you’ll be able to put it on that as well.