You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

I had to call them the other day.  God knows what I signed up for apart from the fact I'll be paying £56 as opposed to £59 for the next 18 months as the person on the other end was barely understandable. 

Virgin upped my broadband  bill by £12.50 they are bastards. Every few months because we want to improve our services we are increasing your bill by £2.50 but now they are on the inflation bandwagon. Inflation is way way higher than they are saying my disposable income has nearly halved.

7 hours ago, RedKnight said:

My Sky went out of contract and jumped from £100 (everything including broadband) to £130. Rang them, they offered me £114, saw me arse and cancelled and then got a text from Sky with a phone number asking me to call if I changed my mind.

Called them a week before cancellation was due. Turns out the number was straight to retentions and fuck do they have some discounts. Ended up with everything I had before plus Netflix free for 6 months and then £5 after that (was paying them £10) for £74. I was made up, it's nice to actually make a saving at the moment, but it shows how wildly it swings in price.

Is that with BT and any extra boxes pal? 
I got the same thing with Netflix which I thought I was a great selling point. I've got everything Inc broadband; 2 boxes upstairs; HD in everything an d BT for £117

31 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Is that with BT and any extra boxes pal? 
I got the same thing with Netflix which I thought I was a great selling point. I've got everything Inc broadband; 2 boxes upstairs; HD in everything an d BT for £117

Not BT, that's way too expensive for the little amount of sport they offer. It is for Sky Q, which I had anyway, but you only get charged for the boxes once on installation anyway so there's two mini Q boxes elsewhere in the house.

• Upvote 1

On 15/07/2022 at 12:07, Bobby Hundreds said:

Virgin upped my broadband  bill by £12.50 they are bastards. Every few months because we want to improve our services we are increasing your bill by £2.50 but now they are on the inflation bandwagon. Inflation is way way higher than they are saying my disposable income has nearly halved.

Rumour that Virgin Media O2 are in talks to buy Talk Talk which would make them 2nd biggest internet provider to BT.

Always good to get onto retentions and tell them you want a cheaper rate. My out of contract Sky went up to £96 all in but I dont have Netflix and other shit.

After a lot of fannying around when an on line discount wasnt applied in full, I got onto Sky and said sort it or I'll cancel. The guy gave me a better deal than the original on line offer so Im now back to £64 a month. 10 days later Sky informed me I was getting Disney + for free as we have Sky Cinema.

Sky got ridiculous, doubling to about £139 quid so as we were in the process of moving I cancelled and am going to try just BT WiFi with a Now TV sub for the basic sky channels and free view along with Netflix and Amazon which I already pay for and a mate is sorting out a fire stick for sport etc. About £65 quid all in see how it goes. If the fire stick works it’s magic might get rid of Netflix.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

They hiked my price up by 7.50 in March. They gave me 30 days to leave. Tried calling them three times but couldn't get through so had to eat it as i forgot and rang again after 35 days. Also they keep disconnecting my works vpn randomly. 

Called up to haggle. " I can see your contracts ending. I can do it for 44 quid a month going forward "

" so I'm calling to cancel and your offer is to increase my cost by 1.50. It's an interesting negotiating tactic"

Looked round and found bt fibre for 32 quid with 3 months free and 67 quid cashback"

Called up and cancelled. Then they tried offer it for 35 quid. I would have taken that earlier but for their cheek I gave notice.