You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

18 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Phone this bloke.

I was about to commit murder thanks to their "customer service" people but the CEO phoned me at home and seemed like a genuinely nice bloke.

He immediately cancelled my decade old contract, without any charge, as per my request.

Screenshot_20220111-221647.png

Thanks mate.

I want to cancel the telly and keep the broadband so I'll give the normal number a go in the morning and if I'm not getting anywhere, I'll give this boy a bell.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thanks mate.

I want to cancel the telly and keep the broadband so I'll give the normal number a go in the morning and if I'm not getting anywhere, I'll give this boy a bell.

I've got his email address kicking about somewhere too Mark, if I can find it I'll pm it over mate.

• Upvote 1

On 22/07/2017 at 11:25, Juniper said:

Our service used to be great, never had any problems for years then about 6 months ago our broadband would pretty much cut out between 10pm-6am.

Called several times to complain to be told different reasons for each time.

Eventually got hold of a management type, he sent out one of the those super hub 3 routers as he thought using an older router was the issue.

The cut offs no longer happen but now every time I play multiplayer online with my Xbox, no matter the game, I loose connection to the game server. Every time.

Fucking shite

Actually got this sorted in the end

....In March of 2021

....By moving house 

Bit of an expensive solution but I can now play online gaming again so it's all good.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mook said:

Bills are going up £5 a month from March.

My 18 month contract runs out in February as well so my bill is going from £52 to £88 per month (so that'll be £93 with no Sky Sports).

Looking forward to spending the next couple of weeks trying to cancel my telly package on the phone.

Result, I got through to their cancellations team and the girl put me on £45 a month for the next 18 months.

IN YOUR FACE COST OF LIVING*

*our boiler is playing up so that'll be that fucked

• Upvote 2

Just announced, BT to increase broadband and phone costs by 9.3% from 31 March! But inflation is only 5.7%, my arse.

Oh and it'll mean Sky will no doubt be jacking their broadband and tv costs by a not dissimilar amount.

BT will raise broadband and telephone prices by more than 9pc in a further blow to millions of households that will pile pressure on Rishi Sunak to tackle the cost of living crisis.

The increase means most BT customers will pay an extra £3.50 a month from March 31.

Nick Lane of BT said price rises were "sometimes a necessary part of business, if we’re to keep up with the rising costs we face and ensure we can continue to deliver a brilliant network experience".

Data usage on BT's broadband networks has soared by 90pc since 2018 as millions worked from home during the pandemic and watched more streaming services such as Netflix for entertainment.

Mr Lane added: "We’ve thought long and hard about how we make sure that any pricing changes are predictable, clear, and not unfairly focussed on our existing customers, but reflected in our new prices too."

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just had an email that my contact is ending in a few weeks, if I renew my monthly bill goes from £90 to £132.

Almost 50% increase, robbing bastards.

Usual stuff. Phone them, tell them you’re leaving, that there’s a cost of living crisis and you need a better price than 90 to stay. If not, go through the disconnection process and after you book a disconnection, they’ll phone you with a whopping deal. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Usual stuff. Phone them, tell them you’re leaving, that there’s a cost of living crisis and you need a better price than 90 to stay. If not, go through the disconnection process and after you book a disconnection, they’ll phone you with a whopping deal. 

Oh yeah, I'll be going through all that rigmarole and I'm quite prepared to walk away.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

They just emailed me to increase my price to 47 quid for just broadband. Quick call and upgrade the speed to 350mb and got it for 33 quid. Actually quick May be overstated as it took them ages answer and the woman spoke English like I play the French horn

Have to try that..I'm.payng about £55

Did you say you were gonna leave?

Just had exactly the same. Paying £32 per month, contract ended so just gone up to £59

Called then Monday, after 48 minutes waiting finally spoke to someone and they offered my £39, then best price £34, both with faster internet than I currently have as a free upgrade. 

Not sure how it is free if I am paying more. 

Told them to cancel and gave my 30 days notice.  

I had five missed calls yesterday, they called this morning and am now on same package as Monday but for £26 per month. I may have been able to get more but I told them, truthfully I had gotten the same package, but with a £75 voucher, so worked out at £27 per month, they offered £26, which I took. 

The irony being if they had of offered me £32 on Monday I would have taken that. 

Went with Virgin as Sky were taking the piss with their prices. Managed to get their top bundle for £80 a month (all sports, movies, 1gb broadband, phone and an unlimited Sim). Netflix was included, but they fucked something, so knocked my bill down to £60 a month for the lot. Am dreading when the contract ends as there's no way I'll get that again.

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Just had an email that my contact is ending in a few weeks, if I renew my monthly bill goes from £90 to £132.

Fuck them off mate. They're utter fucking shit cunts. You can get a miles better service for much much less.

Fuck the cunts.

On 29/06/2022 at 14:15, manwiththestick said:

These are absolute shysters.

Tried to call them Monday and Tuesday evening and got held in queues and ended up hanging up. Called them at 11am pressed the number for 'thinking of leaving us' option and happy to get through to a nice Scottish lady.

Her - Before we start can I just say our systems are down for about three hours so I can't access any data, what is your call regarding.

Me - I'm calling regarding your near 50% increase on my monthly bill you're proposing for next month, I'm not paying it so want to leave or go through options.

Her - Yeah sorry, because systems are down could you call back in about three hours?

Me - Well I'm working at the moment, can you arrange for someone to call me back after 5pm?

Her - Sorry sir I cannot do because we are extremely busy at the moment, I've taken over 100 calls since 10am.

Me - Not surprised if you're upping bills by such a margin, what do you suggest I do?

Her - either call back this afternoon or this evening any time up to 9pm or our office opens at 8am in the morning.

Me - So I just have call and get stuck in a queue again. Great, thanks for your help.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a tactic. 

Got a semi-satisfactory result as I couldn't be arsed with the messing about cancelling and changing providers.

So I managed to keep my monthly payments (£94) instead of the £132.50 they were going to increase to next month, kept evetything as it was (Bt Sport and Sky Sports included) but I have added the Sky Cinema package and Netflix for no extra cost, I already have and pay for Netflix so I'm actually better off as I moved the monthly Netflix cost onto my Virgin bill.

Just goes to show what bandits they are though that a phone call and threat to cancel has them improving my package.

End of my broadband and phone contract and they've to put it up to £51/month.  Rang last week and offered it me at £39/month. Bearing in mind that Sky offered me the same package for £29/month with only slightly less speed I said I'd think about it.

I rang today saying I'd like to cancel and they've now offered me the same package at £49/month. Utterly bizarre way to do business that.

My Sky went out of contract and jumped from £100 (everything including broadband) to £130. Rang them, they offered me £114, saw me arse and cancelled and then got a text from Sky with a phone number asking me to call if I changed my mind.

Called them a week before cancellation was due. Turns out the number was straight to retentions and fuck do they have some discounts. Ended up with everything I had before plus Netflix free for 6 months and then £5 after that (was paying them £10) for £74. I was made up, it's nice to actually make a saving at the moment, but it shows how wildly it swings in price.

• Upvote 1