You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

But when it doesn't work they're utterly fucking useless.

Internet went down last night. Got to wait till the 2nd of cunting December for an engineer to call.

Shower of utter fucking cunts.

Make sure you get that taken off your bill.

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

Make sure you get that taken off your bill.

I'm not sure I could handle another episode on the phone like I had last night and today.

Asked them this morning if they can just send me another hub and if that solves the problem , I'll cancel the engineer. 

Apparently if they send me a hub which can take upto five working  days to arrive, they can't book an engineer.  It's one or the other.

On the phone they are a disaster

The foreign call centers are a nightmare for technical help. And trying to cancel your contract ti's a disaster. But to be fair to them, I had a new contract 2 months into a 24 month deal when I got sick, when ey mum contacted them the British lot in customer relations agreed to terminate with no cost to me

48 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I'm not sure I could handle another episode on the phone like I had last night and today.

Asked them this morning if they can just send me another hub and if that solves the problem , I'll cancel the engineer. 

Apparently if they send me a hub which can take upto five working  days to arrive, they can't book an engineer.  It's one or the other.

Fucks sake, that's shite.

If you get the free calls I would definitely be phoning up to get at least the appropriate discount.

Genuinely absolutely hate these cunts.

Had Nynex when they were a thing, BT and Sky before, so know full well how shite the competition can be, but for on the phone customer service I’ve never known ought as bad as Virgin.

Everyone except the last person I spoke to was based in the UK as well. She was still fairly shit but I did finally receive through the post the confirmation I had been looking for for 3 months after speaking to her.

Utter, utter wankers.

Realise that doesn’t help Dougie, I just have an involuntary tick when I see their name and abuse pours forth freely 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2019 at 21:04, Dougie Do'ins said:

But when it doesn't work they're utterly fucking useless.

Internet went down last night. Got to wait till the 2nd of cunting December for an engineer to call.

Shower of utter fucking cunts.

If you were without internet from 26th Nov to 2nd Dec, you should be eligible for Ofcom's auto compensation scheme (which in your case would work out at £32 off your next bill):

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automatic-compensation-need-know

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Virgin have an offer on at the moment, 2 boxes, ultimate telly package with all sports and movies in HD, all other channels, superfast broadband, unlimited landline calls for £79 a month on a 12 month contract.

£35 activation but free instalation.

PLUS a free 43" LG 4K TV if you sign up tonight.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm moving house on Friday, spent over 2hrs on messenger to this lot trying to get a response & 40mins on the phone, nothing.

I've just cancelled my direct debit. They can phone me if they have a fucking problem.

• Upvote 2

They are cunts but they just charge you more for cancelling. Fucking useless to. Get through to Indian call centre, then they won't do fuck all till you've spoken to soneone else. 

Shit company but sky are just as bad. Wish I didn't have to deal with either but cam only watch legal streams due to working nights 

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm moving house on Friday, spent over 2hrs on messenger to this lot trying to get a response & 40mins on the phone, nothing.

I've just cancelled my direct debit. They can phone me if they have a fucking problem.

Yep, their customer service is fucking awful. It's so fucking bad, it's stressful as fuck knowing you've got to call them.

• Upvote 3

Had a guy knock on my door a few weeks back asking if I'd considered using Virgin as they had been digging up the street I replied not a chance he asked why so I told him any company that sues the NHS would never get my business he just nodded and walked off 

16 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Had a guy knock on my door a few weeks back asking if I'd considered using Virgin as they had been digging up the street I replied not a chance he asked why so I told him any company that sues the NHS would never get my business he just nodded and walked off 

They're not the same company though. Not even owned by the same people. They share a name and that's it.

50 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yep, their customer service is fucking awful. It's so fucking bad, it's stressful as fuck knowing you've got to call them.

I've signed up with Plusnet tonight so won't ever have to call them again.

They can phone me with their pishy cancellation charge, I'm saving £15 a month (broadband alone) anyway.

• Upvote 1

Got to the end of my 12 month contract and the price shot up from £25 to £45.

Annoying that I didn't catch it before the price shot up so I could cancel it. 

Even more annoying when a couple of days later I got a text message with their special coronavirus promise to not put prices up for the rest of the year. I'm sure they waited until I was paying full whack before they sent it, fucking bastards. 

I had the 200mb for a few years with them.  It felt like it got progressively worse over time.  Slower download speeds and more black spots around the house along with the periodic price hikes.  We still had the same router that we started with and I tried getting through a couple of times but could not be arsed sitting on hold for half an hour to get them to tell me I need to sign up to a new contract.

They obviously force you to ring up to deal with stuff because they know a lot of people just can’t be arsed ringing and they will make money from that but surely if they just had a multiple choice about how long you’ve had a router and various problems etc they could just automate replacements and fixes etc.  I just left in the end.  

They had a thing on their website about returning equipment.  It listed any of the stuff you needed to return and if it was older you could just bin it.  The girl on the phone didn’t mention it so I brought it up because I didn’t want them stinging me for any more money.  They were offering me all sorts to stay and I told them I’d already signed up with sky anyway so it was irrelevant and if they had all these deals and wanted to keep me then why weren’t they offering me them before I decided to leave.  Anyway she tells me that the website is wrong and I need to return the equipment or I will need to pay them for it.  I’m guessing she’d thought I’d thrown it away and was trying it on.  I said send someone around to pick it up then.  That was 6 months ago and it’s still in the house.  Gobshites.

They sent us two wifi boosters for the back room and my daughters room. They have had the same effect as that electro magnetic pinch Don Cheadle uses in Oceans 11 to turn off all the electricity in Las Vegas.

If I now walk out of the front room the wifi goes but weirdly I can log onto the neighbours wifi at the back of our house even though his living room is 10 times the distance away. 

• 1 year later...

Bills are going up £5 a month from March.

My 18 month contract runs out in February as well so my bill is going from £52 to £88 per month (so that'll be £93 with no Sky Sports).

Looking forward to spending the next couple of weeks trying to cancel my telly package on the phone.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Bills are going up £5 a month from March.

My 18 month contract runs out in February as well so my bill is going from £52 to £88 per month (so that'll be £93 with no Sky Sports).

Looking forward to spending the next couple of weeks trying to cancel my telly package on the phone.

Phone this bloke.

I was about to commit murder thanks to their "customer service" people but the CEO phoned me at home and seemed like a genuinely nice bloke.

He immediately cancelled my decade old contract, without any charge, as per my request.

Screenshot_20220111-221647.png

• Upvote 1

I've only got my mobile with them. Been with them for the past 3 years after leaving o2 and I've got no complaints. My bill is due to go up, but I'm out of contract in a month anyway and planned to upgrade anyway to a phone/tariff that was a few quid more expensive anyway. 

Got a decent deal from them for an iPhone 13 Pro which is getting delivered tomorrow. It was quite difficult to upgrade though. Not the process or getting through. I'm not usually fussed about overseas call centres, but I could barely understand a word that the bloke was saying. I'll probably end up with a Nokia 3310 on a 12 year contract.