You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - EFL Cup SF, 1st leg, 7:45pm, 11/01/17 - Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!

Trumo

Hopefully Klopp picks a stronger line-up than the one against Plymouth, and a few of those that have been out for a while can be in contention. Southampton have had a rough few weeks so we need to play on that and show more intensity, creativity and ruthlessness. If we do, then "Something Good" could come of this.

Put a low ball bid in for Van Djik tonight, get him unsettled and hopefully out the team, then that's us playing against them without their 2 best players.

We should be beating these though really. They seem to have gone right off the boil and the likes of Austin and Long belong at a Burnley or Hull

With the other shower probably playing a weakened side against hull on Tuesday,we'll have to follow suit. Would play trent and Moreno again with matip and Klavan. Coutinho gets 45 if he's fit enough. He can't start at united without some game time.

You're joking right? We are 2 games away from a cup final and you wanna play a weakened team because we have Man Utd away 4 days afterwards?

• Upvote 1

You're joking right? We are 2 games away from a cup final and you wanna play a weakened team because we have Man Utd away 4 days afterwards?

How do people expect to cope with champions league football (next seàson hopefully)??

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

I don't think saints are better than our half and half team. I should have made it clearer and said play 3or4 of the young lads and not 8 like today. We should be able retrieve any disadvantage in the home leg with a full strength side. Mancs game is vital not to lose at least. I know we're close to a final but my personal priority is to try win the league and I'd sacrifice all the rest to try achieve that.

I can't see a position where Klopp would pick someone other than first choice. If Clyne and Milner are fit to play, they'll be the fullbacks. Coutinho will be on the bench, and hopefully get the last 20/25 minutes.

Big effort from the first teamers Wednesday and Sunday, and then they get the best part of a week's rest.

I can't see a position where Klopp would pick someone other than first choice. If Clyne and Milner are fit to play, they'll be the fullbacks. Coutinho will be on the bench, and hopefully get the last 20/25 minutes.

Big effort from the first teamers Wednesday and Sunday, and then they get the best part of a week's rest.

I'd play Firmino up top and save Sturridge for the United game.. that's the only first teamed I'd bench for this game.

For the replay I'd have Mignolet in goal and play one of the senior centre halves with Gomez especially if Matip is fit again. Move Lucas into midfield in place of Stewart alongside Can and play another senior attacker for an hour up top with Origi and Ojo. Or I might just play the same team.

Who'd be a manager.

For me something like

---------------Karius

TAA-Klavan-Gomes-Moreno

-----------------Lucas

-----------Milner--Can

Ojo----------------------Origi

----------Sturridge

Get the game killed off and oull Sturridge for Woodburn.

Still give most of the first team a rest.

• Upvote 1

For the replay I'd have Mignolet in goal and play one of the senior centre halves with Gomez especially if Matip is fit again. Move Lucas into midfield in place of Stewart alongside Can and play another senior attacker for an hour up top with Origi and Ojo. Or I might just play the same team.

Who'd be a manager.

Wrong thread it was early.

Who'd be a manager.

Wrong thread it was early.