You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 30 - Jan 4 2017)

tlw content

fatsamswansea.jpg

That Sunderland result was obviously frustrating but going into the Festive fixtures I’d have been happy to come out of it in second place and still only trailing Chelsea by six points, so for us to still be second and having shaved a point off their lead is a more than satisfactory outcome. We’ve got Spurs to thank for that, but I’ll get to that in due course. 

I’ll get the weekend’s games out of the way first. The Blueshite played on Friday night at Hull. They probably thought that would spare them from the ignominy of being last on MOTD again, but it didn’t. Last again, as they should be. Losers. They needed a really late equaliser from breeze block head Barkley to spare their blushes after Hull had led twice through Dawson and my boy Snodgrass, who having previously been denied by the bar, sent a glorious free-kick fizzing into the top corner.

He’s got six goals so far this season and he really should be playing for a mid-table side rather then being in relegation battles year after year. Everton’s first equaliser came when Hull keeper Marshall punched into his own net from a corner. Otherwise known as “doing a Westerveld”. Maybe there was ice on the ball? 

Onto Saturday, and Chelsea made it 13 wins on the spin but they didn’t have it all their own way against Stoke and were twice pegged back before eventually winning 4-2. Cahill headed in from a corner to put them ahead but Martins Indi levelled just after the break.

Soft shite Motson debated with himself for a good 30 seconds whether the goal should be credited to Martins Indi or whether it was an own goal off a Chelsea defender, even though no cunt touched it and it went straight in. It’s 2017, why is this hysterical old fuck still on telly? 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

• Upvote 2

Great stuff, as usual. No mention, though, of the laughable red card for the Bournemouth lad against Arsenal, given by the hapless Michael Oliver, who, in my book, called every big decision wrong. He wasn't helped by Xakha, who pulled a 'Phil Jones' and looked like he'd had his leg broken when he was barely touched, Amazingly, that's gone under the radar. But Arsenal players don't do that kind of thing, do they?!

I didn't watch the Bournemouth / Arsenal game and as there was no MOTD on Tuesday or Wednesday I was relying on highlights I found on the internet. I saw everyone on twitter going mad about the sending off, but when I saw it I could understand why Oliver thought it was worse than it was.

He got it wrong but it did look bad on first viewing.

Dave. HNY.

Luvin’ your reports. Luvin’ your ‘drop-da-mic’ endings.

Saddened that you’ve jumped on the media bandwagon (unlike you ;)) and labelled Mkhitaryan and Giroud’s recent efforts as ‘scorpion’.

I take issue with this as:

1. In truth, they were diving overhead back-heel flicks (easy for me to say)
2. A scorpion has only one tail to flick
3. The true and ‘original’ scorpion (both legs forming a flicking ‘tail’) was performed (and correctly executed) by Huguita.

Tomayto, Tomahto (as exotic fruit/vegetable venders would say).

Moving onto Giroud, during his equalising ‘scorpion’ dance his buffoonery did not sink in with me until I heard Charlie-Charlie and Merse slating him (and Arsenal) and now yourself.

What a plum! Pick the ball up, run back to centre-circle, and go for a winner like any other team with title credentials (and ungrateful fans) would! (Still didn’t prevent me from putting him in my FFL team ahead of next week though (*ahem*) …

Re Chelski’s loss at Spurs, it just goes to show how well we played at WHL earlier in the season. I’m ‘almost’ more disappointed not winning there then compared to the recent Sunderland result.

Roll on Old Trafford. I’d take a draw now, (a win - I’d rip your arms off!).

#YNWA
M