You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Cotto / Margarito was ridiculous, you could feel the hatred just watching it and Max Kellerman looked uncomfortable throughout.

I couldn't imagine a more boring one to watch than Joshua / Klitschko. A media trained robot sat down talking to an actual robot.

Hahaha

Both Froch / Groves were good. Especially the 2nd one. 

It was funny when Groves held on to Froch hand for a second too long and his head rolled off his shoulders.

''We can all pull about a little bit, all pull about, have a little pull and a push, we can all do that''

Despite Groves losing both fights and getting badly KO'd in the second, he was superb throughout both build-ups, he got into Froch's head so much.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe in mind games in boxing most of the time but Froch definitely got into Groves' head before that second fight. So many quality lines in that face off.

"No you was gone, and you WENT. I was still there, i was getting strong. I just started going to work TRUST me"

"You're in for an easy nights work then aren't yer?" - "Yeah i am" - "Well there you go then" *cringey smile*

I don't believe in mind games in boxing most of the time but Froch definitely got into Groves' head before that second fight. So many quality lines in that face off.

"No you was gone, and you WENT. I was still there, i was getting strong. I just started going to work TRUST me"

"You're in for an easy nights work then aren't yer?" - "Yeah i am" - "Well there you go then" *cringey smile*

I always thought when he said 'let me tell you the truth, you lost to the worst Carl froch' was the moment he got into Groves' head in the build up to the second. That was a class rivalry though while it lasted.

• Upvote 1

Groves did the near perfect job of antagonising Froch for that first fight. Just completely worked him out, especially that his ego made his skin paper-thin, knew exactly how to get to him and played him like a fiddle, then took immediate advantage in the fight. Had he won, they could have used it as an example of how to use the build-up to win a sporting event forever.

However, he didn't and the rules all changed in the lead-up to the second. Froch approached it all purely with his head. There were some telling moments where Groves looked crestfallen and desperate that his old tricks weren't working this time. He definitely thought it would be more of the same and didn't seem to know what else to do. Froch's desire to hurt him was evident and no less keenly felt but his menace was far more understated, and that steely, cold focus seemed to unnerve Groves.

In fairness to beaky, he had him on the back foot from the moment he pushed him at Wembley, probably before by just knowing the original result now needled Groves and provided his own screw to turn. From being the upstart who gave not a single fuck about respecting Froch's position and made it clear it was all about winning, not being polite or playing fair, he found himself moaning and crying foul repeatedly in the run-up to the second one.

Even his bent leg doesn't top coming out on that fucking bus for embarrassment mind. Groves should find watching that punch hitting him like a car easier forever than the way he entered the fight.

• Upvote 2

For any of you lads that use Kodi, I've found a superb boxing section in the 'Project M' add on. Installation guide here...

http://bestforkodi.com/install-project-m-kodi-addon/

Once installed, click on Playlisters, then Boxing.

It's mostly pulled from YouTube but there's some great lists on there. A must have if you want to watch old fights.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Bellew called his win over Haye a destruction earlier

Whats the fucks he in.

5 rounds to take out a 1 legged man

His analysis of other fights is quite good but when he comes to himself he chats utter bollocks.