You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

It was a shit attempt at being ironic mate. They never stop banging on about it. I know more about the burglary than his boxing career.

Fair dooze to Crolla getting off the floor and finishing but the gulf in class between them was massive.

That fight went pretty much as expected. Linares in a different league.

Crolla has nothing else to achieve now and the world champions in that weight division are in another league so he should hang up his gloves.

EDIT - just realised that Terry Flanagan is one of the lesser champs so I suppose that's an option.

That fight went pretty much as expected. Linares in a different league.

Crolla has nothing else to achieve now and the world champions in that weight division are in another league so he should hang up his gloves.

No need to hand them up unless he wants too

Still domestic level fights there for him. As i said him and Burns would be good at 140lb

Enjoyed that.  Enjoyed the first one too come to that.  Crolla is a great lad according to some people I know who actually know him, obviously shown again tonight that he's got bags of heart in the ring too.  He's just not at Linares' level as a fighter though and I don't think there's any shame in that.   I also have a lot of time for Linares as a fighter, I'm no boxing expert but he's always looked solid right across the board; footwork, speed and decent if unspectacular power and he's a wily fucker too.  He controlled both of these fights comfortably and was well worth the wins.

Oh and Gallagher is a proper fucking tit.

I just don't see the point in climbing the hill to go back down again.

Because its a short career and best to leave on your own terms. Leaving before you ready often leads to fighters unable to walk away for good and struggling afterwards.

The only time id say retire is if you've been taking damage.

I was calling for Holyfield to stop for years as he was getting hurt and starting to slur his words. Ive been saying the same with Roy Jones jnr. They need saved from themself. But imo Crolla is still at a high level. He is still a top 5-10 fighter in the division. If he is happy to go then good for him but if he wants to give it another go he has earnt that too

Gallagher's tactics for him in the first half of the fight were very odd. He was getting lit up every time he led with the jab and Gallagher told him to persist even though it was clearly not working. He was better off when he switched to the right to the body and closed distance. Crolla does this weird thing where he bounces out of range to reset himself, but he does it all the time so it's impossible to apply any sustained pressure. 

The only way he was winning that fight was if he pressured Linares non stop until he gassed, taking advantage of the 18 foot ring and making Linares constantly fight off the ropes. With the crowd behind him he could've nicked rounds with a few combos that got the crowd hyped, and by making it a messy fight. However Linares proved he was a class above in all departments, but Crolla did make him look better by playing into his hands.

Mikey Garcia will knock Linares out in 8 rounds.

There are levels in boxing, and Garcia just has too much of everything for him.

Agree. He won't be able to keep Garcia off him.

Garcia is an elite fighter, in my opinion.

I think Garcia inside 6.

I watched the Gonzalez Rungvasai fight again.

I thought it while inititially watching it, but the rewatch confirmed that it is one of the best fights I've ever seen and it is the fight of the year.

I still had Rungvasai pulling it out, it was tight, so I understand why a lot of folks had Gonzalez winning. One of the things that struck me was just how fluid Chocolatito was, when he went to work. These 10 punch combo's that he rattled off, are absolutely picture perfect - I don't know that I've ever seen such fluid technique offensive fighting before. Double straight right hand, left, right to the body and upstairs with the uppercut; you read about it, but you seldom actually see it together so naturally. I think it leads folks just to give him the nod, but I thought our Thair friend was too big, too strong and inflicting the more damage.

I disliked scoring the rounds against Gonzalez, but I did feel that Rungvasai was shading these tight rounds. If they get it on, this year, it will be a Christmas present to fight fans.

• Upvote 1

Thought Linares looked world class last night. Not sure what Gallagher has been up too with Crolla but they got it badly wrong. crolla couldn't get near him for 9 rounds. Big heart and fair fucks to the lad. Him and Burns would be a tasty fight. Id have Burns to win on points by a fair few though. As for Linares... He would give Garcia a hard time.