You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

New thread for the new year. Some good fights lined up already.

Joshua vs Klitschko, Thurman vs Garcia, Golovkin vs Jacobs, Frampton vs Santa Cruz II and DeGale vs Jack.

What else do you want to see? Obviously Golovkin vs Canelo is the big one but there's other interesting fights to be made. Andre Ward is making noises about retiring instead of fighting Kovalev again but it remains to be seen if he does. Will Adonis Stevenson fight Ward or Kovalev? Brook vs Khan? Degale vs Groves? Callum Smith to knock either of them out?

Tyson Fury is back training. Shannon Briggs is fighting for a World Title. Will we see better heavyweight match ups this year, aside from Joshua v Wlad?

New thread for the new year. Some good fights lined up already.

Joshua vs Klitschko, Thurman vs Garcia, Golovkin vs Jacobs, Frampton vs Santa Cruz II and DeGale vs Jack.

What else do you want to see? Obviously Golovkin vs Canelo is the big one but there's other interesting fights to be made. Andre Ward is making noises about retiring instead of fighting Kovalev again but it remains to be seen if he does. Will Adonis Stevenson fight Ward or Kovalev? Brook vs Khan? Degale vs Groves? Callum Smith to knock either of them out?

Tyson Fury is back training. Shannon Briggs is fighting for a World Title. Will we see better heavyweight match ups this year, aside from Joshua v Wlad?

I read this in the voice of Sky Sports' Adam 'Bike-seat sniffer' Smith.

"Johnny, which fight are you most looking forward to?".

• Upvote 2

Surely Hooch vs Tommy Langford for the British Middleweight title is the fight of the year

Still a Khan fan so id like to see him get a good fight against a top 10 Welterweight.

Like him or not he is nearly always in good fights

Would like to see Terence Crawford step up to Welter for some good fights.

Like to see Garcia forced into a proper fight and then see him battered

• Upvote 1

IMG_2487.jpg

AS: Lots of talk today of Hooch potentially coming out of retirement to face another other guy.

JN: I've heard rumours in the Ingle gym that could well be the case.

ER: An intriguing match up, Adam. It's been well documented how unlucky Hooch was with the macaroni cheese and bad arse last time out...

JN: I was speaking to Naz in the gym with Dominic Ingle the other day...

AS: Can Hooch still boil down to the middleweight limit? It's been suggested in some circles that 12 stone isn't possible for him anymore.

JN: Kell Brook's a lovely lad. Spoke to him at the gym last night and he'd been round to his mum's again and talked about that time he got stabbed in the leg. Lovely lad he is. Naz was just saying the same thing...

• Upvote 1

Ha ha ha.

I'm genuinely fighting again as well lads. Pencilled in for 17th March, Paddys Night at the Adelphi again.

Can I boil down to 12 stone though? Can I fuck.

I'm back in Liverpool now so I might pop in for that mate. I'll be in mcooleys and the liffey all day anyway so just a quick walk away. Anyone else up for it?

The photos I've seen of DeGale, he looks to be in the best shape physically I've seen him, hopefully it will be a good fight

He's not very good a marketing himself DeGale is he? Olympic gold medalist with a World title and no one outside hardcore Boxing circles is following his career.

Suppose his style and loss to Groves never helped, I'd he'd have played his cards right he could of been PPV by now.

I'm back in Liverpool now so I might pop in for that mate. I'll be in mcooleys and the liffey all day anyway so just a quick walk away. Anyone else up for it?

No probs mate. Pop down and watch me take care of business. Few pints after, I've been rocking these forums for 10 years and never met one cunt off here in real life.

• Upvote 2

Take my money !

Apparently Eubank Sr is gonna do the TV presenting, ring announcements, be the special guest referee and act as two of the three judges.

No probs mate. Pop down and watch me take care of business. Few pints after, I've been rocking these forums for 10 years and never met one cunt off here in real life.

I'd love to join you pair for that but I'm up there for a few days in the middle of February and won't be going back so soon. Hopefully Stig can get us a pic or two of your arm getting raised in victory.

• Upvote 2

Apparently Eubank Sr is gonna do the TV presenting, ring announcements, be the special guest referee and act as two of the three judges.

I'd love to join you pair for that but I'm up there for a few days in the middle of February and won't be going back so soon. Hopefully Stig can get us a pic or two of your arm getting raised in victory.

When in Feb? My birthdays the 17th if you fancy a half. Well you can have a half ill have a full on bevy because you can't handle a drink you fucking weirdo. Ill make sure we find a pub near a phone box so you can stay upright. 

And id love Hooch to win but I'm not holding him up as well. 

Hooch will win anyway. 

• Upvote 1