You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

I just think we've all read this book before, hype Vs experience too early in a career.  The only shot I've seen Joshua take was in the 2nd round against Whyte and it nearly ended him, add to that the fact he was gassing too - I can't see how he wins unless he blasts Wlad early.

I was all in on Joshua when it was announced. I'm now fully 50/50. Klitschko is no mug at all and he looks like he has had a brilliant camp. Joshua could be a victim of massive over-hype in the build up. The only thing Joshua has going for him is Klitschko hasn't been a big hitter for a good few years and his stamina will be much better the longer it goes on. Plus Joshua can hit, hard. That said if anyone can take a punch like a wall its Klitschko. 

I think Wlad is finished, he's never been able to take a clean shot and he's petrified of getting hit and that's pretty much the only thing Joshua can do really well.

On all the adverts on Sky why aren't they naming the price yet? It's only a few days away and it doesn't say how much you'll have to pay.

Everything Fury did well to beat Wlad, Joshua can't do (or hasn't shown he can so far) including the mind games.  It's was pretty evident that Klitschko took Fury very lightly too.  I think Matchroom have all their eggs in the Klitschko is shot basket, a 70% Klitschko beats Joshua easily.

I'd like to see Joshua come out like froch against bute and try and batter him from the first bell.

He has to. If it goes into the later rounds Wlad becomes a massive favourite, Joshua has never been there and looked to be slightly gassing against Whyte. It's what makes it so intriguing, both fighters are in with complete unknowns to them. Joshua's never fought a bigger guy who hits back and Wlad hasn't faced, for a very long time at least, someone who's in there up get him out of there as soon as possible.

There's so many unanswered question that we'll find out on Saturday.

Is Joshua as good as people think?

Can he take a punch?

Is his stamina an issue?

Was it just a one off against Fury for Wlad?

Is Wlad finished as a top level fighter?

I just noticed this message on my 'normal' paid alternative stream supplier @ 37 per 60 days. The service has gone steadily downhill in the recent past with the BT sport channels being limited to the bare minimum and only appearing just before KO. Haven't had any problems with any boxing coverage including PPV and this is the first time they seem to be taking the piss:

'Joshua v Klitschko event is pay-per-view, you can get your event pass now at the discounted price £5.95. On saturday the event price will be £7.95.
PPV Pass (Weekend) item on your subscription panel, grants access to view the event on 1 device.'

This being in addition to the standard charge I already pay them. Perhaps, time to move on? Any suggestions for an alternative similar service supplier please PM me.

Ta.

Sportsmania/Sportsnation is sound but they're closed for new subs until Sunday.

I'm on my first month with StreamTVBox on the recommendation of someone on here but the sport is noticeably worse than Sportsmania and I'm not best pleased with the kids channels either. It's getting jibbed when the month runs out. Luckily I've still got a couple of weeks left on both subs so not envisaging too many problems tomorrow night.

Bellew and Wilder going at it during the weigh in. On the IFLtv YouTube video it captures it all, Bellew actually makes a few decent points despite Haye having one leg, he does have a better win on his record than Wilder.

That guy with Wilder at the end is a dickhead and who's the black guy with Bellew who backs him up shouting "do you know me?".