You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Man City 0 (Dec 31 2016)

tlw content

Really concerned how I could watch that incident live and then three or four times this morning and at no point realise it wasn't Firmino. I'm losing what marbles I have left.

Unless this is some elaborate ruse you're all in on to make me think I'm going mad.

You do know it was Firmino don't you Dave?

Really concerned how I could watch that incident live and then three or four times this morning and at no point realise it wasn't Firmino. I'm losing what marbles I have left.

Unless this is some elaborate ruse you're all in on to make me think I'm going mad.

How could you miss those beautiful gleaming white teeth Dave?

There were rumours around the time that Can got "injured" after the Bournemouth game that there was more to it. I don't want to say too much on here but let's just say that certain posters on this site who don't post anymore rated Can and then this match report. Well, make up your own mind

Speak English man!

There were rumours around the time that Can got "injured" after the Bournemouth game that there was more to it. I don't want to say too much on here but let's just say that certain posters on this site who don't post anymore rated Can and then this match report. Well, make up your own mind

people's front of firmino

• Upvote 1

Typing under the influence of excess alcohol....

It took me 37 minutes to realise Silva was playing last night. And to think that when he first arrived on these shores he was running the City show.

EDIT: I had a look at the forums forArsenal, City and Spurs after the match last night. It's surprising how many of their fans believe we're nothing more than a bang average team who are well-organised, and who'll fall away to mid-table. Spurs in particular are convinced they are Chelsea's only true contenders.

I thought the atmosphere was boss.

Imagine any match in the last few years in which we've dominated the first half but gone in at only one-nil.  The other team comes out in the second half, predictably enough putting in a much stronger performance.  How does Anfield react?  In the last few years it's always been with palpable nervousness and frustration turning to anger at some (or all!) of our own players, as the lead is inevitably thrown away.

This season - and last night best of all - when City raised their game, so did our fans.  Exactly the way it should be.

• Upvote 1

Typing under the influence of excess alcohol....

It took me 37 minutes to realise Silva was playing last night. And to think that when he first arrived on these shores he was running the City show.

EDIT: I had a look at the forums forArsenal, City and Spurs after the match last night. It's surprising how many of their fans believe we're nothing more than a bang average team who are well-organised, and who'll fall away to mid-table. Spurs in particular are convinced they are Chelsea's only true contenders.

Awwh, bless!

*Goes off to find a Spurs fan and ruffle his hair*

It was irritating when the officials failed to flag a clearly offside Sterling and instead played on to 'give us the advantage' when it was nothing of the sort. Sterling had stopped playing as he thought he was offside too and the ball trickled out of play right by our corner flag. What should have been a free kick for us ended up with Milner berating the linesman for having to take a throw-in right by our corner flag.

Linesmen in that corner seem to miss a lot of stuff that happens right in front of them. Remember when Chelsea's unibrowed shithouse Bosingwa raked his studs down Yossi's back? The linesman was stood there watching right next to him, and the ref was only a few yards away too.

Went the game today, was sat in with the Sunderland fans next to my brother in law. No word of a lie, but I was absolutely convinced that Can gave away the first pen and I was cursing him until half time when I read on twitter it was actually Klavan.

It's mad, but it's as though any time something bad happens my eyes and brain are conspiring to pin it on poor old Emre.

Went the game today, was sat in with the Sunderland fans next to my brother in law. No word of a lie, but I was absolutely convinced that Can gave away the first pen and I was cursing him until half time when I read on twitter it was actually Klavan.

It's mad, but it's as though any time something bad happens my eyes and brain are conspiring to pin it on poor old Emre.

It sounds like nearly all our players were fucked and lumbering round barely able to lift their feet today, so you'd be forgiven for thinking any one of them was Can.

• Upvote 1