Quantcast
Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear. - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Just been reading a bit of their forum (after link was posted on the Klopp thread). There is one thread "reasons to go to the game" and one person has said "last chance we get to play Liverpool for a few years" Lol

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit nervous about this.

Me too. Nervous that we won't get to play against a David Moyes side again for a while after we obliterate them twelve nil today.

I'm a bit nervous about this.

I think this game will be determined by one single factor, who wants it the most? That should be us.

• Upvote 1

They should be really up for this as well today.... When you get battered by a team like Burnley and your next game is a home game against a big club then if you aren't dead up for it then it is time to call it a day.

Hope I am wrong but i have got this feeling that because this kind of fixture turnaround is so alien to Klopp and he is quite strict with the medical side of things etc that we may see a significantly changed and therefore weakened side today...

Dont get the pessimism or angst about this game. Not talking over confidence either. Both teams have had roughly the same rest (if you can call it that).

As i said, I think desire will be the telling factor and we must want this more than them.

Dont get the pessimism or angst about this game. Not talking over confidence either. Both teams have had roughly the same rest (if you can call it that).

As i said, I think desire will be the telling factor and we must want this more than them.

I think they will be at it - 100mph start then just get everyone behind the ball. As a few have pointed out this will be all about intensity and concentration. Our last league game for a while so we should be up for it. 

I'm more nervous about this than the City game and it isn't rational. Sunderland are poor even with their first choice eleven and they don't even have that. It's just the two games 45 hours apart plus the fact that when we've had the opportunity over the last few years to take an opportunity we often squander it. Win today and we're three points behind with Chelsea facing Spurs away tomorrow.

Hopefully if we score first Sunderland will fall apart as usual.

i think the angst is more about the line up we put out...in 3 mins we'll know..

wow...

Here’s today’s Reds team in full: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Karius, Lucas, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Ejaria, Origi.

Stronger team than I thought he'd go with, hopefully we're smashing them 5-0 at half time so we can rest a few.

We've nine days before most of them will be needed again tbf.