Quantcast
Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear. - Page 33 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

I don't mind a draw there at all tbh. Would keep us five ahead of one of our rivals.

True...i was thinking in terms of title though.

For some strange reason!

Lesson to be learned.

Never, ever say that we're going to twat a team 3,4,5 nil. It always turns out to be the opposite. Huff and puff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I haven't seen anyone else make the point on Sturridge and Origi, but I think you are right, so repped. Origi has more pace and power, and Sturridge is more suited to finish them off in the last 20-30mins. I think Sturridge. An still get a goal in this time frame, and perhaps he wouldn't have got injured either.

I think Origi should have started with Sturridge in place of Firmino, who looked very jaded.

Doesn't it get boring for people to blame the refs every single time we lose? We'd finish every season 38-0-0 if the refs weren't all terrible.

Refs make mistakes every game and that's to be expected,I know this as I've done some reffing myself,but on this occasion the ref's decisions cost us two goals. The second penalty was not in dispute at all,but it was never a free kick in the first place that led to it. I thought the ref was appalling throughout and gave us some shit decisions too. I also have to laugh at the Clattenburg award as I think PL refs are poor for the most part with one or two exceptions. The best refs aren't all from one country and ours are no better than most. Is Mike Riley still in charge as this would explain a lot?

• Upvote 1

We still have too many duffers in the team

At times we were pathetic

Yes and Klopp knows this. He also knows how disruptive it is to bring too many players in at once so is doing it gradually. We are probably way ahead of schedule due to Klopp's personality and management style.
  • Upvote 1

who was captain after Milner went off?

It really doesnt matter who is captain after the opening exchanges before kick off. People blow this captaincy thing up too much. Once the game starts, there should be 11 captains on the pitch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Origi should have started with Sturridge in place of Firmino, who looked very jaded.

Good shout. Firmino has been in a dip, and Origi and Sturridge have shown before that they can link up.

Firmino and Lallana were as gassed as Can yesterday but wore it a bit better.

It's a horrible situation for the manager - with the exception of Sturridge for Origi or vice versa, he hasn't had the option of freshening up his first XI without seriously weakening it.

He'll be crying with joy when Matip, Henderson and Coutinho are available again.

In one telling moment yesterday, Firmino played a much more difficult ball out right for Clyne rather than give it to Moreno, who was in a better position and three times nearer. Can't say I blame him either.

It really doesnt matter who is captain after the opening exchanges before kick off. People blow this captaincy thing up too much. Once the game starts, there should be 11 captains on the pitch.

This is the team talk that jimmy gives before a vigorous day of posting.
  • Upvote 3

Refs make mistakes every game and that's to be expected,I know this as I've done some reffing myself,but on this occasion the ref's decisions cost us two goals. The second penalty was not in dispute at all,but it was never a free kick in the first place that led to it. I thought the ref was appalling throughout and gave us some shit decisions too. I also have to laugh at the Clattenburg award as I think PL refs are poor for the most part with one or two exceptions. The best refs aren't all from one country and ours are no better than most. Is Mike Riley still in charge as this would explain a lot?

The ref didn't give one free kick to that little cheating manc diving all over the place.  I thought the penalty was harsh because he was looking for it, but I've seen Liverpool win worse.

When a good, honest, English pro like Jermaine Defoe throws himself to the floor, it must be a foul.  That's what the ref fell for.

Of all the factors at play in that result, I thought the ref was low in the list.  His one real error was to fall for Defoe turning and going down.  Cheap and predictable, and if it had have been that horrible cheating manc he wouldn't have given it.

If you'd asked me beforehand whether I'd have taken 4 points in 48 hours, I would have settled for it.  I would have expected it to be a draw with City and a win against these bums, but this way round is better for us.

Still, it sticks in the craw because the extra two points would have helped us.  The draw is nothing to Sunnlunn, because they were tagged and bagged long ago, the shower of shit bastards.

Over the two games, we've gained a point on City and lost no ground to Arsenal.

• Upvote 1