You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

Haha. And I dont suppose Clyne wasnt hauled back in the box by larsson either. Or sturridge flyhacked by a yarddog in the box. Clueless.

Nope

If I remember rightly you stuck your head in the sand and blamed the second half Europa league final on the ref too. Wrong then, wrong now.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Disagree on that. Two stonewall penalties for me. Mane's role in the second was particularly silly. And Lucas should never have given away the free kick that led to it.

First one isnt a stonewaller, watch the sunderland player go down easily. Fuck me Klavan even steps way from him but he's decided he's going down anyway.

As Klopp said, talkof a second pen is illogical because there's no free kick for the second 'pen.'

• Upvote 1

Who are you trying to convince here jimmy? Yourself? Because I don't think anyone else is buying it. The ref wasn't great, the free kick for the second Sunderland goal was soft, sure. But there's no way Klavan needs to dive in on Ndong with Lallana covering, and there's definitely no fucking way Mané should be playing fucking volleyball in his own penalty area. We're our own worst enemies and when you've fucked up as much as we have today you can't be blaming the ref for not getting three points.

Oh come on,please! Klopp is a seasoned manager. We're not talking some sunday league manager here.

Look at it this way, he has to convince real quality players to come here while making no promises these players are going to be able to do a better job than the players he has at his disposal. All within the squad limitations etc.

You can't seriously tell me that given the problems we have we don't need to add some depth now...

Plus lets assume we are gonna make Europe next season there is no way we have enough depth with what we have now to handle it so we have to add....probably a fair bit too (look how stretched we are now) it is always dodgy adding too many in one go so why not add now and in summer...the players you add now help in this run in and are bedded in more and settled come next season then you add again in summer...

Who are you trying to convince here jimmy? Yourself? Because I don't think anyone else is buying it. The ref wasn't great, the free kick for the second Sunderland goal was soft, sure. But there's no way Klavan needs to dive in on Ndong with Lallana covering, and there's definitely no fucking way Mané should be playing fucking volleyball in his own penalty area. We're our own worst enemies and when you've fucked up as much as we have today you can't be blaming the ref for not getting three points.

Im not trying to convince anyone. Listen to Klopp for fuck's sake. There's no free kick therefore the second is illogical.

All this talk about gifting them 2 goals is not right. We were poor on the run up to the first decision but im sorry, Im not shouting for that first pen for us at Anfield.

Fuck me, clyne is tugged clear as day in the first 5 or so minutes. I actually thought he should have gone down it was that blatant but the lad tried to stay on his feet and taylor just waved play on.

Sorry, but if people think their first pen is 'stonewall,' I dont know how the one on clyne isnt even a foul.

• Upvote 1

I'm not worried.

My expectations are not hyped. The club will not have set the goal to win the league this season, and neither will have Klopp.

A thin squad, injuries and a tight seasonal calander aren't easy to negotiate.

FFS 7 points from 9 is a great effort.

We have a new stadium, some great new players, a wonderful manager and the best fans in the world. We're firmly in the big club mix now, and we're on track for the success we deserve. IT WILL HAPPEN.

We've dropped 2 points. Not the end if the world.

• Upvote 1

was the sturridge one in the box?

It started way outside the box but carried on to just inside the box. It was a bad miss by the ref.

Their first penalty was a bit soft, but Klavan stuck a leg out and the player went over and said thank you very much.

Their second penalty was stone wall as Mane had his arm right out there. If we rewind it to the free kick, it wasn't much of a foul from Lucas and was a bit harsh to concede a free kick for that.

Bad day at the office, but on the other hand, if Spurs beat Chelsea, and they might, then we make up a bit of ground on the leaders and they are only five points ahead. If Chelsea beat Spurs, then all of a sudden it looks like they are way out there on their own, while we are part of the group of five fighting it out for three spots.