You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

I haven't seen anyone else make the point on Sturridge and Origi, but I think you are right, so repped. Origi has more pace and power, and Sturridge is more suited to finish them off in the last 20-30mins. I think Sturridge. An still get a goal in this time frame, and perhaps he wouldn't have got injured either.

I think Origi should have started with Sturridge in place of Firmino, who looked very jaded.

Doesn't it get boring for people to blame the refs every single time we lose? We'd finish every season 38-0-0 if the refs weren't all terrible.

Refs make mistakes every game and that's to be expected,I know this as I've done some reffing myself,but on this occasion the ref's decisions cost us two goals. The second penalty was not in dispute at all,but it was never a free kick in the first place that led to it. I thought the ref was appalling throughout and gave us some shit decisions too. I also have to laugh at the Clattenburg award as I think PL refs are poor for the most part with one or two exceptions. The best refs aren't all from one country and ours are no better than most. Is Mike Riley still in charge as this would explain a lot?

• Upvote 1

Firmino and Lallana were as gassed as Can yesterday but wore it a bit better.

It's a horrible situation for the manager - with the exception of Sturridge for Origi or vice versa, he hasn't had the option of freshening up his first XI without seriously weakening it.

He'll be crying with joy when Matip, Henderson and Coutinho are available again.

In one telling moment yesterday, Firmino played a much more difficult ball out right for Clyne rather than give it to Moreno, who was in a better position and three times nearer. Can't say I blame him either.

Refs make mistakes every game and that's to be expected,I know this as I've done some reffing myself,but on this occasion the ref's decisions cost us two goals. The second penalty was not in dispute at all,but it was never a free kick in the first place that led to it. I thought the ref was appalling throughout and gave us some shit decisions too. I also have to laugh at the Clattenburg award as I think PL refs are poor for the most part with one or two exceptions. The best refs aren't all from one country and ours are no better than most. Is Mike Riley still in charge as this would explain a lot?

The ref didn't give one free kick to that little cheating manc diving all over the place.  I thought the penalty was harsh because he was looking for it, but I've seen Liverpool win worse.

When a good, honest, English pro like Jermaine Defoe throws himself to the floor, it must be a foul.  That's what the ref fell for.

Of all the factors at play in that result, I thought the ref was low in the list.  His one real error was to fall for Defoe turning and going down.  Cheap and predictable, and if it had have been that horrible cheating manc he wouldn't have given it.

If you'd asked me beforehand whether I'd have taken 4 points in 48 hours, I would have settled for it.  I would have expected it to be a draw with City and a win against these bums, but this way round is better for us.

Still, it sticks in the craw because the extra two points would have helped us.  The draw is nothing to Sunnlunn, because they were tagged and bagged long ago, the shower of shit bastards.

Over the two games, we've gained a point on City and lost no ground to Arsenal.

• Upvote 1