You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

Hope I am wrong but i have got this feeling that because this kind of fixture turnaround is so alien to Klopp and he is quite strict with the medical side of things etc that we may see a significantly changed and therefore weakened side today...

Dont get the pessimism or angst about this game. Not talking over confidence either. Both teams have had roughly the same rest (if you can call it that).

As i said, I think desire will be the telling factor and we must want this more than them.

Dont get the pessimism or angst about this game. Not talking over confidence either. Both teams have had roughly the same rest (if you can call it that).

As i said, I think desire will be the telling factor and we must want this more than them.

I think they will be at it - 100mph start then just get everyone behind the ball. As a few have pointed out this will be all about intensity and concentration. Our last league game for a while so we should be up for it. 

I'm more nervous about this than the City game and it isn't rational. Sunderland are poor even with their first choice eleven and they don't even have that. It's just the two games 45 hours apart plus the fact that when we've had the opportunity over the last few years to take an opportunity we often squander it. Win today and we're three points behind with Chelsea facing Spurs away tomorrow.

Hopefully if we score first Sunderland will fall apart as usual.

i think the angst is more about the line up we put out...in 3 mins we'll know..