You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

Just loads of people saying Moreno should start

i can see why people might think it is an idea to rest a 31 year old when the game is less than 48 hrs after the last one.

if we had more depth in the squad/weren't suffering injuries i would be tempted to rest a few...but the drop off in quality is too great to risk it/we just don't have the options....Moreno is possibly worth the risk for Milner although personally i wouldn't trust him.

if sturridge does not start this one then the question really has to be asked about either his fitness or if klopp actually wants him at the club.

• Upvote 1

i can see why people might think it is an idea to rest a 31 year old when the game is less than 48 hrs after the last one.

if we had more depth in the squad/weren't suffering injuries i would be tempted to rest a few...but the drop off in quality is too great to risk it/we just don't have the options....Moreno is possibly worth the risk for Milner although personally i wouldn't trust him.

if sturridge does not start this one then the question really has to be asked about either his fitness or if klopp actually wants him at the club.

Milner is probably the fittest player at the club, pretty sure he'll play.

Just seen this on the BBC's Liverpool page regarding the game at sunderland and their match predictor analysis software;

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

SAM's verdict

Most probable score: 1-1 Probability of draw: 24% Probability of home win: 21% Probability of away win: 55%

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Sunderland have won only three of their 31 Premier League matches against Liverpool (D10, L18) - all three of those victories came at home, most recently in March 2012.
  • Liverpool have won on their last three visits to the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland

• Sunderland have lost four of their last five league matches.
  • However, they have won three of their last four league games at the Stadium of Light, with their only defeat coming against league leaders Chelsea.
  • They could keep consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since May 2014.
  • Fabio Borini scored two goals in 25 league appearances for Liverpool between 2012-2015.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have their highest ever points tally after 19 games of a Premier League season (43), surpassing their tally of 42 points after 19 games in 2008-09.
  • They could keep three consecutive Premier League away clean sheets for the first time since a run of six in a row from December 2014 to March 2015 under Brendan Rodgers.
  • Adam Lallana has provided seven assists in 17 league appearances this season - his most ever in a single Premier League campaign.
  • Daniel Sturridge has scored in each of his last three league appearances against Sunderland, although the most recent of those was on 26 March 2014.

Just seen this on the BBC's Liverpool page regarding the game at sunderland and their match predictor analysis software;

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

SAM's verdict

Most probable score: 1-1

Probability of draw: 24%

Probability of home win: 21%

Probability of away win: 55%

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Sunderland have won only three of their 31 Premier League matches against Liverpool (D10, L18) - all three of those victories came at home, most recently in March 2012.
  • Liverpool have won on their last three visits to the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland

• Sunderland have lost four of their last five league matches.
  • However, they have won three of their last four league games at the Stadium of Light, with their only defeat coming against league leaders Chelsea.
  • They could keep consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since May 2014.
  • Fabio Borini scored two goals in 25 league appearances for Liverpool between 2012-2015.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have their highest ever points tally after 19 games of a Premier League season (43), surpassing their tally of 42 points after 19 games in 2008-09.
  • They could keep three consecutive Premier League away clean sheets for the first time since a run of six in a row from December 2014 to March 2015 under Brendan Rodgers.
  • Adam Lallana has provided seven assists in 17 league appearances this season - his most ever in a single Premier League campaign.
  • Daniel Sturridge has scored in each of his last three league appearances against Sunderland, although the most recent of those was on 26 March 2014.

How can the most probable score be 1 - 1, when the most probable win is an away win at 55%?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/248355-origi-our-quality-means-we-can-maintain-form-without-sadio

Divock Origi is confident the quality of the attacking players at Liverpool's disposal will ensure they maintain their form, despite the loss of Sadio Mane this month.

The forward will jet off to Gabon following the Reds’ Premier League clash with Sunderland to contest the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal.

• Upvote 1

Is that you Woy? Is this me?

I'm not kidding, I think it's a very viable tactic against scrub teams like Sunderland. All Burnley did was play it long to Gray and Djilibodji and O'Shea completely folded. Just hoof it to Origi and watch those two clowns bang their heads together trying to deal with it and pick up the loose balls.

• Upvote 1