You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - 5:30pm, 31/12/16 - Don't Look Back In Anger.

Trumo

I would go:

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Sturridge.

Then for the ridiculous situation with the game at Sunderland less than 48 hrs later i would go assuming Cou and Matip are fit

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lucas, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, Origi

Origi will start. Klopp will want as much pace on the pitch as possible as we'll be playing against a team that tries to play football.

Yes we don't start fast with Sturridge starting. However for him to come on with 20-30 mins to go is great.

What the fuck is wrong with those cocks at Bluemoon? How can you be that rich and that bitter?

Why be that bothered about what they think?

Why go on to their forum? Why cry on here about what opposition fans post on their teams forums?

They're Man City for fuck sake.

• Upvote 4

Why be that bothered about what they think?

Why go on to their forum? Why cry on here about what opposition fans post on their teams forums?

They're Man City for fuck sake.

I'm not crying, it's just odd behaviour to hate football that much when you're so rich. Fuck off.

Three solid wins in a row now. Four points from the Man City & Sunderland games would be a very good haul, all considered. Six points would be a phenomenal achievement given the fixture congestion.

Will be interesting to see how we freshen things up against Sunderland. Moreno on the LW might be an option if last night is anything to go by.

Nervous about this one. Can see a 1 all draw happening. If we win then I'm all in on us winning the league.

Fairly confident about this one pal it's the stoke / baggies games I'm more concerned about City didn't look great against Hull 3-0 flattered them imo so it will tough but I'm fairly confident we can turn them over

Dunno about 'don't look back in anger', hopefully after the game we'll be singing 'stop crying your heart out'.  Aguero only usually lasts about an hour after a layoff, and is usually fairly quiet.  Can't see Sturridge starting this one, but as others have mentioned what a lovely option to bring on for the last half hour,  Especially if they're trailing and having to push men forward.

• Upvote 1

4 to 6 points and a win at United, and we are in a title race. We have always done well against City at Anfield, but a win would make it 4 league wins in a row, which is a lot. I am strangely confident Wijnaldum is due to finally score from the edge of the box, so we might win after all. He'll hit a nice pullback from Millner, they are working on it as we speak.

United games have somehow defined our league ambitions over the recent years, in both our post 2000 title races we had a comprehensive win there, on the flipside recent bad results at Anfield have been followed by total meltdowns in our league ambitions. So, this is a crucial game even if we beat City.  9 points from the next 3 and a win over Chelsea, there would be no stopping us.