You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - 5:30pm, 31/12/16 - Don't Look Back In Anger.

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

They can't defend so we'll get at least 2 imo, how many chances will they get though?

Gonna stick my head on the block here and say we'll win 3-2 in a nervy thriller. 

Hopefully John Stones is playing as I think our forwards will do well against him. They will have chances and so will we. It will come down to whoever is more clinical in front of goal. Unfortunately they have Aguero coming back in and he will be rested and sharp. I think this is too soon for Coutinho on our side, and I don't want to see Sturridge start as I don't think he is fit enough for that.

The score is anybody's guess really, but you would have to think there will be goals for each side. 3-2 for Liverpool would do me, as would any win!

Guest Pistonbroke

Hopefully John Stones is playing as I think our forwards will do well against him. They will have chances and so will we. It will come down to whoever is more clinical in front of goal. Unfortunately they have Aguero coming back in and he will be rested and sharp. I think this is too soon for Coutinho on our side, and I don't want to see Sturridge start as I don't think he is fit enough for that.

The score is anybody's guess really, but you would have to think there will be goals for each side. 3-2 for Liverpool would do me, as would any win!

He might not be as sharp as some think, hopefully he partied over the festive period too much and slacked on training. He could easily pull a hamstring early doors or pick up some other injury. 

Has Aguero missed 4 games?...maybe a little bit of rust there?

Seems like we always do well against these at home - lets hope that continues.

Her City-supporting uncle was showing off over the weekend by exchanging Christmas texts with Noel Gallagher, so it would be nice to bring him down a peg or two (her uncle, not Noel).

Very glad we're playing the home fixture first. Hopefully Aguero isn't firing on all cylinders after his enforced break. These are vulnerable if you go for the throat early doors like Leicester did.

Probably be a 0-0 now.

I think we'll miss Mane far more than we've missed Coutinho.  Coutinho will need a couple of games to get fully back up to speed, so we'll be relying on Origi to continue the unselfish play we saw today, and Sturridge will get quite a bit of game time too.  

Agreed, Mane's pace will be sorely missed

Guardiola's intimated in the past that he was never able to use his regular tactic against a Klopp side. As a result, I have a feeling they will try to play a lot more direct than usual and that they will look to play it long and use Sterling/Sane/Navas/Aguero's pace to beat the press.

How we deal with that will make or break us.