You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Michael

Baltar

Has anybody mentioned that his music was fucking dire? Because this appears to have been overlooked in all of the media coverage I've encountered so far.

Wait for Robbie Williams to drown in his own cum. Yet again, every fucking nobody will be telling us what a significant cultural figure he was. Fuck off. Please just fuck off.

Mr Papadopulous - or whatever his real name was - might have been the nicest pop star ever. But I'll judge him by his music. Which was shite from start to finish.

"Oh, but he wrote his own songs!" Yes, shit songs!

"Oh, but he could really sing!" So could my parish fucking priest!

Can't help feeling that this anger has more to do with memories of your parish priest than George

Not even a fan of George Michael's but fucking hell comparing him to Robbie Williams is like comparing the sopranos to coronation street

Producers of vacuous music for kids turn into producers of vacuous music for adults. The comparison is sound.

As for your analogy between George Michael and The Sopranos: the mind boggles.

I've never understood music snobbery. I like what I like. Bollocks to what anyone else thinks.

Listen to whatever the hell you like. But the current media coverage would have you believe George Michael was part Mozart, part Ghandi. It's an insult to anyone's intelligence.

"Wake me up before you go-go,

Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo..."

Fucking genius.

• Upvote 1

Listen to whatever the hell you like. But the current media coverage would have you believe George Michael was part Mozart, part Ghandi. It's an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Fucking genius.

Yes. At last someone with some sense of reality.

Plus if you open a nightclub called Tropicano and give your drinks away for free no wonder you end up dead.

Fucking genius.

I'm sure you think you're being clever in ignoring George's post-Wham material, but what you are doing is as cretinous as reducing the output of the Beatles to Octopus's Garden and Yellow Submarine.

• Upvote 3

Fucking genius.

I just avoid the media coverage of these things. Well, most things. It's easily done.

I'm sure you think you're being clever in ignoring George's post-Wham material, but what you are doing is as cretinous as reducing the output of the Beatles to Octopus's Garden and Yellow Submarine.

Ah, the tedious dog-fucking advocate has appeared! Joy!

And ignored my general claim, as he's well aware.

I await proof of Michael's mature genius, lyrically or otherwise.

• Downvote 1

It matters not a jot how you judge his musical output. The facts of his kindness and generosity that are emerging after his death supersede anything else. Surely everyone can get behind that?

I never denied he was a nice guy.

Apparently he was always willing to lend a helping hand. Even in public toilets...