Quantcast
George Michael - Page 18 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Baltar

George Michael

My earliest memories of growing up almost all involve George Michael being played on full whack by my ma.

Loved him. My all time favourite. Was gutted when news broke and I'm still gutted now.

• Upvote 2

I've ignored this thread for a while. But there's so much that's objectionable about this post, I barely know where to start. So, to save myself the effort, I'll start at the end.

The Elvis fucking comparison. Jesus, I may overstate my criticism. But nowhere near your overstatement of praise.

Listen to the Sun recordings. Listen to the Memphis recordings. You are absolutely nuts if you think a single song George Michael ever recorded deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Elvis Presley.

Elvis, for all his imperfections, defined rock and roll at its very best. And, if you think iconography matters (which I don't), then George Michael has more in common with Shakin Stevens than Elvis Presley. Look at the Faith promo material. That's fucking Shakin Stevens for MTV.

Lord, I despair...

I cannot stand the music of Elvis Presley, so you are right, his stuff shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as George Michael, who was far more talented* 

*Disclaimer : IN MY OPINION

Praying for time is one of the best openers to an album I can think of right now.

Listen Without Prejudice is a brilliant record from start to finish. Cowboys and Angels is a stunning song.

Listen Without Prejudice is a brilliant record from start to finish. Cowboys and Angels is a stunning song.

Get on the Documentary as soon as you can mate. It's excellent. I'd forgotten just how big he was globally in the late 80's.
  • Upvote 1

My mate literally tried to turn himself into George Michael, hair, tan, dance you name it. Problem was he was incredibly ginger and dyed his hair to resemble George even more, the colour it became, unfathomable.

Get on the Documentary as soon as you can mate. It's excellent. I'd forgotten just how big he was globally in the late 80's.

The only fear i had was that it would be no-marks fawning over him for two hours, which i couldn't be doing with. Corden's name in the credits was a huge red flag as well. 

I'll watch it tonight, provided i have enough spare time after going cottaging.

• Upvote 1

The only fear i had was that it would be no-marks fawning over him for two hours, which i couldn't be doing with. Corden's name in the credits was a huge red flag as well.

I'll watch it tonight, provided i have enough spare time after going cottaging.

Corden is a bad bell alright. Gallagher was alright on it. There isn't too much celeb input on it as it's mostly narrated by George himself. Nothing from Ridgeley though which I thought was a bit strange. Very enjoyable doc.
  • Upvote 1

Could not agree more with either point - but especially the latter.