You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Michael

Baltar

Given that he seemed to be a nice(if fucked up) bloke, I listened to the songs posted on this thread to give them a chance and have come to the conclusion that his musical talent is massively over-rated, possibly similar to Elton John in that there were a few half decent tunes at the beginning and then everything else sounds the same in a not particularly good way. His lyrics are neither poetic nor profound.

Still, it's sad that he never seemed to enjoy his success and clearly died too young

• Upvote 1

Given that he seemed to be a nice(if fucked up) bloke, I listened to the songs posted on this thread to give them a chance and have come to the conclusion that his musical talent is massively over-rated, possibly similar to Elton John in that there were a few half decent tunes at the beginning and then everything else sounds the same in a not particularly good way. His lyrics are neither poetic nor profound.

Still, it's sad that he never seemed to enjoy his success and clearly died too young

Well that's that sorted then. Thanks.

I heard some lad took his blind uncle to a George Michael gig once. Cos of his uncles disability they we put in the front row. Part way through the gig George came to the front and was touching people's hands. The blind uncle reached out hopleslessly and felt a 'touch' from George. For the first time in his life - he could see! He was healed

• Upvote 2

I heard some lad took his blind uncle to a George Michael gig once. Cos of his uncles disability they we put in the front row. Part way through the gig George came to the front and was touching people's hands. The blind uncle reached out hopleslessly and felt a 'touch' from George. For the first time in his life - he could see! He was healed

I wonder if it would have cured the deafness of the anti-George Michael lot too. I guess we'll never know.

Ooh look at me, i'm far too hipster and cool to ever admit to liking anything mainstream, other than Keith's Horrendous Diarrhoea, you know, that new band that have only ever played one gig in a loft in Manhattan and are the BEES KNEES!

Any links?

Ooh look at me, i'm far too hipster and cool to ever admit to liking anything mainstream, other than Keith's Horrendous Diarrhoea, you know, that new band that have only ever played one gig in a loft in Manhattan and are the BEES KNEES!

Apart from some of the most popular acts of all time cited above, you're absolutely spot on, you've absolutely nailed the George Michael criticism.

Anybody who criticises a particular mainstream act must be a musical snob and fan of all things obscure. This necessarily follows.

• Upvote 1

Supported by GG Allin.

They were all a bit shit that day.