You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Michael

Baltar

• 9 months later...

I've ignored this thread for a while. But there's so much that's objectionable about this post, I barely know where to start. So, to save myself the effort, I'll start at the end.

The Elvis fucking comparison. Jesus, I may overstate my criticism. But nowhere near your overstatement of praise.

Listen to the Sun recordings. Listen to the Memphis recordings. You are absolutely nuts if you think a single song George Michael ever recorded deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Elvis Presley.

Elvis, for all his imperfections, defined rock and roll at its very best. And, if you think iconography matters (which I don't), then George Michael has more in common with Shakin Stevens than Elvis Presley. Look at the Faith promo material. That's fucking Shakin Stevens for MTV.

Lord, I despair...

I cannot stand the music of Elvis Presley, so you are right, his stuff shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as George Michael, who was far more talented* 

*Disclaimer : IN MY OPINION

Get on the Documentary as soon as you can mate. It's excellent. I'd forgotten just how big he was globally in the late 80's.

The only fear i had was that it would be no-marks fawning over him for two hours, which i couldn't be doing with. Corden's name in the credits was a huge red flag as well. 

I'll watch it tonight, provided i have enough spare time after going cottaging.

• Upvote 1

The only fear i had was that it would be no-marks fawning over him for two hours, which i couldn't be doing with. Corden's name in the credits was a huge red flag as well.

I'll watch it tonight, provided i have enough spare time after going cottaging.

Corden is a bad bell alright. Gallagher was alright on it. There isn't too much celeb input on it as it's mostly narrated by George himself. Nothing from Ridgeley though which I thought was a bit strange. Very enjoyable doc.
  • Upvote 1