You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Michael

Baltar

I was and still am a massive fan. I met him a couple of times in the 90's. One time he was running late for a flight and I asked him for an autograph but didn't have a pen or paper (which didn't help)... even though the Virgin Atlantic staff were telling him to hurry up he said... "I'm sure the flight won't leave without me..." and said to me, let's go over to the check in desk, I'm sure they'll have a pen and paper over there.. We walked over and he signed an autograph for me.. well he had to do it twice because the first time he made it out to Naz rather than Nav....!!! A genuinely lovely bloke and because he wasn't a Tory cunt and had plenty to say about Thatcher he never got recognised for his service to music or his charity work when others have got Knighthoods for doing fuck all...

Him helping the Miners strike, doing a free concert for 2000 NHS staff who looked after his mum when she had cancer. Gutted he's passed with so much more to give. Hopefully he finds peace as he never really recovered from the death of his mum... RIP George.

• Upvote 10

Great story about George Michael on Radio Two just now from Richard Osman. He was the producer on Deal or No Deal when this contestant said they were desperate to win £15k for IVF. She lost but minutes after the show ended Osman said Michael phoned in & said he wanted to give the lady £15k but that it needed to be an anonymous donation. Some boy

http://www.contactmusic.net/george-michael/news/george-michael-s-secret-acts-of-charity-revealed_5517655?track=mail_news

Great story about George Michael on Radio Two just now from Richard Osman. He was the producer on Deal or No Deal when this contestant said they were desperate to win £15k for IVF. She lost but minutes after the show ended Osman said Michael phoned in & said he wanted to give the lady £15k but that it needed to be an anonymous donation. Some boy

I've seen a few stories today about him that were similar. Fair play to him. It seems he was quite altruistic, but never wanted to take any credit.

I couldn't give a fuck when I first heard and I still couldn't give one now.

I'm generally sorry when I hear someone's died and it seems that he was a pretty good egg on the quiet but I can't be doing with these endless outpourings from D list celebs

• Upvote 1

Am I a bad person? I think I'm over it already

I couldn't give a flying a fuck about any of the celebrities that have died this year. George Michael, David Bowie, Gene Wilder, Muhammed Ali, Victoria Wood, Andrew Sachs, etc. Not arsed. Haven't met any of them. Sad for their immediate family and friends, but for me? Er, no.

Find the coverage ranges from incredibly dull to nauseating. Especially if the celeb in question is about 92. Yes, what an incredible story. Old person dies.

Not trying to be all hipster about it, but about 50,000 children have died in Syria in the last few years. If only they'd lived to their mid 50s and written some rubbish pop music, then I could have written a facebook update about how sad it is.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I couldn't give a flying a fuck about any of the celebrities that have died this year. George Michael, David Bowie, Gene Wilder, Muhammed Ali, Victoria Wood, Andrew Sachs, etc. Not arsed. Haven't met any of them. Sad for their immediate family and friends, but for me? Er, no.

Find the coverage ranges from incredibly dull to nauseating. Especially if the celeb in question is about 92. Yes, what an incredible story. Old person dies.

Not trying to be all hipster about it, but about 50,000 children have died in Syria in the last few years. If only they'd lived to their mid 50s and written some rubbish pop music, then I could have written a facebook update about how sad it is.

If you can't say anything nice then...

Gave millions to charity, supported strikes and health workers, made his mates rich, made countless millions happy and probably gave a fucking ace blow job. Yes, nothing to celebrate in his life.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

You like Noah and the Whale. 

Made some good tunes that a lot of people got pleasure from. Not my cup of tea despite thinking A Different Corner was an excellent song. Did seem to have an ongoing health problem though as he had cancelled a few concerts in recent years. Only a few years older than myself so its sad to see somebody so young pass away.