You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rick Parfitt dead

Nunavut Patrick

I went to Berlin the morning after Istanbul and was bladdered still when I got to Germany. Picked up the wrong bag at the airport and had to go back in a cab to swap it. Me and the German driver who couldn't speak a word of English conversed through the medium of music and sung 'We're in the army now' to each other on the way.

• Upvote 3

Everybody takes the piss out of Status Quo, dad band, all the songs sound the same, all the rest of it and most of it is deserved, but I'm actually more gutted about this than I thought I would be because the first time I can remember hearing a piece of music that really fucking grabbed hold of me was courtesy of a very loud DJ at a family wedding when I was about seven and it was this:

Now you can say a musically naive seven year old is bang on the level they were pitched at and again, I won't argue much but 38 years later I still listen to guitar bands more than anything else.  Cheers Rick, hope God has a few lines racked up for you.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Sad news, there is always one Quo tune that people like. Like Cloggy said, I love the Ramones so slagging the Quo off would be wrong. Part of growing up and getting into adult music, 2016 strikes yet again. The powers that be have assembled a nice bunch of people this year.