You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke (H) - 5:15pm, 27/12/16 - His mama named him Clay, I'ma call him Clay.

Trumo

We got 82 points under Ged in 2001/02, 86 points under Rafa in 2008/09, and 84 points under Brendan in 2013/14. In each case, the total was good enough to win the title the previous season but only good enough for 2nd place in those years.

Then again, Ipswich, Watford or Southampton could've been champions in the early eighties if it hadn't have been us. The trick is sustaining it year after year rather than just having a one off year of being brilliant.

Guest Pistonbroke

Did nobody else think Mane scored that goal?

Nope, clearly came off the defenders boot mate. Thought it was GJ though when in fact it was Imbulu or whatever his name is. 

We also had the champions league in 2009. They were both excellent seasons, I just enjoyed Suarez a little more, personally.

I can totally understand that

The ride from xmas on was special. Really just felt we would blast everyone out of sight.

Guest Pistonbroke

It looked to me like it came off the defender on to Mane who got the last touch

Replays were pretty conclusive mate and I was watching it via a HD top quality stream. 

Having said that Mane's presence and the good cross made the goal. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Ok, I just feel sorry for him

Nothing wrong with that Suzy, he is however out of his depth and the comments he made at the start have bitten him on his arse I'm afraid. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Well now I feel sorry for Swansea fans - Giggis is being tipped on SSN!!

Giggs will be all over that job like a rash, he is desperate to try and land a job, he rates himself on the back of a small stint in charge at United, the hairy fucker is deluded. 

Giggs will fail if he takes the Swansea job. It's the wrong job for any aspiring manager right now, as they just look like they are going down. A career could be over before it begins. It's the sort of job for an Allardyce or someone like that. Obviously he just took over at Palace, but that sort of fella is needed. Someone to come in and organize them, get them fighting, and try to nick enough points here and there to stay up.

Swansea, to my mind at least, made a big mistake when they let Gary Monk go. He was a young manager who had rapid success with them, relatively speaking, but then when they were in a bad patch they let him go. They lost the benefit of possibly having a better manager, had they stuck with him and had he dug them out of the hole they were in, which I think he would have done.

Since then it's been a revolving door on the manager's office and it now looks like they will drop down. Their next appointment is crucial. Pardew is a vain man and might try it, but it's looking like a poisoned chalice to me at this moment in time.