You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke (H) - 5:15pm, 27/12/16 - His mama named him Clay, I'ma call him Clay.

Trumo

Migonlet

Clyne

Lovren

Matip/Klavan

Milner

Hendo

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Firmino

Sturridge

Mane

Matip back in for Klavan if he's fit but if not v happy with the same back 5.

Can or Wijnaldum is probably the closest call when we've everyone fit. Think Klopp favours Can but I prefer Gini's extra speed - Can just seems to slow things down a bit compared to the rest.

Firmino is definitely out of form -his touch/passing is off but he has still gone close to scoring a few goals in the this 'bad spell'. Klopp will keep faith with him regardless and it's not like we have many alternatives for wide left.

Finally would go with Sturridge ahead of Origi - without Coutinho we are lacking our major source of guile and goal threat - Sturridge brings that in abundance and if he trains for next week would start him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't start Sturridge for this and to be honest I think he's better coming off the bench. Bobby F central and Div out wide. If it's all going shite after 3 mins then bring on Can for Div and shut up shop.

I think this will be a tough game but I'll go for a 2-1 win for us. Just hope nobody tries to sneak in some Christmas cake. That would be horrendous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It was either that or some Harry Potter reference. The well's running a little dry.

You could have used a Phill Taylor or Robbie Williams reference. Another two massive bell ends. 

I wouldn't start Sturridge for this and to be honest I think he's better coming off the bench. Bobby F central and Div out wide. If it's all going shite after 3 mins then bring on Can for Div and shut up shop.

I think this will be a tough game but I'll go for a 2-1 win for us. Just hope nobody tries to sneak in some Christmas cake. That would be horrendous.

What are the chances of getting near the cake with Charlie Adam around?

My stuff is shit, not absolute cack.

I'm still made up with the desolation of smoggies. Keep going!

As for the game, since Stoke started playing football a couple of years ago under Mark Hughes, it helps them against the bottom half but not so much the better teams. When they were full alehouse under Pulis they could nick a result here and there against the top teams, but that's harder now that they are trying to be footballers.

If we do our job, and I see no reason why we wouldn't, I expect us to win well.

• Upvote 1

Mignolet

Matip

Lovren

Clyne

Milner

Henderson

Can

Lallana

Mane

Wijnaldum

Sturridge

Firmino isn't quite working on the left, so I'd rest him and give Wijnaldum a go.

Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum in the same team doesn't work.  Too predictable and slow, not enough attacking contribution, and it doesn't even compensate by providing adequate protection for the defence either.   Firmino has been going through one of his not infrequent poor spells recently, but I'd still prefer him to play central in a fluid front 3, moving Origi or Sturridge wide.   

• Upvote 1

They beat us,in 90 minutes,in the League Cup SF last season. May cause a few problems.

We beat them 1-0 at their place twice, and thrashed them 4-1 at home in the league fixture last season. We have more than enough tools to cause them problems. Purpose and intent is the key.