Quantcast
World Darts Championship - Page 60 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Golden Eel

World Darts Championship

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I met Lewis on holiday in 2019- stayed in the same hotel. Got chatting a few times as Im a big darts fan- hes a decent lad. He did get the hump when the lifeguard said his inflatable shark was too big for the pool though which was both surreal and hilarious   

Haha, I can just imagine his reaction. Probably not much different than him throwing a few bad darts.

Led 3-1 - lost 4-3....last set went to deciding leg, he had the throw and scored:

Left back on 247 after 15 darts as MVG went out.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Joe Cullen with an absolutely disgraceful choke and bottle job against that gurning prick MVG.

He played so well but couldnt get over the line- went to pieces in the last leg  

14 hours ago, Elite said:

Haha, I can just imagine his reaction. Probably not much different than him throwing a few bad darts.

It was a bit like that! 

58 minutes ago, Dave D said:

He played so well but couldnt get over the line- went to pieces in the last leg  

It was an absolutely massive bottle job.

A classic example of why he'll never win anything.

Yes he played well throughout the match, but when it came down to the crunch he shit himself and threw darts that wouldn't win a leg in my local pub.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Bunting through the the quarters. 

Played well.

Nice lad - knew him when he worked in the a180 darts shop in st helens.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Played well.

Nice lad - knew him when he worked in the a180 darts shop in st helens.

Yeah good to see. Hope he goes and wins it. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah good to see. Hope he goes and wins it. 

Me too.

Him or if not Durrant.

Can't see either having enough sadly.

Its Van Gerwen or Van Den Bergh i reckon.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Me too.

Him or if not Durrant.

Can't see either having enough sadly.

Its Van Gerwen or Van Den Bergh i reckon.

I didn't mind Van Gerwen but he grates on me. No need for his face whatsoever. If he didn't have a face then yeah I wouldn't mind him doing well. 

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It was an absolutely massive bottle job.

A classic example of why he'll never win anything.

Yes he played well throughout the match, but when it came down to the crunch he shit himself and threw darts that wouldn't win a leg in my local pub.

No, thats harsh. Without talking in cliches he will learn from that. He was phenomenal at times in that game. A couple of those match darts were at the bull- he was bloody close.

Not that I think he will go on to win majors- the field is very strong. Think we will see a variety of winners in the coming years. 

The lack of crowd is hugely benefiting some players- Mervyn King being one of them. Be interesting to see how he puts up with Prices celebrations tonight- he got quite arsey with MVG in the players tournament couple of weeks ago        

I have to say its a real treat and a truly fabulous moment to have a woman commentating tonight................ 

..........A real victory for equality because, quite frankly, it was becoming quite a concern  

On 30/12/2020 at 18:33, Dave D said:

No, thats harsh. Without talking in cliches he will learn from that. He was phenomenal at times in that game. A couple of those match darts were at the bull- he was bloody close.

Not that I think he will go on to win majors- the field is very strong. Think we will see a variety of winners in the coming years. 

The lack of crowd is hugely benefiting some players- Mervyn King being one of them. Be interesting to see how he puts up with Prices celebrations tonight- he got quite arsey with MVG in the players tournament couple of weeks ago        

It is not harsh at all.

How often does a professional darts player average 50 in a leg?

The answer is literally never.

I am not talking about his match darts in other legs (although he did fuck up only getting dart at bull on one of them)  - I am talking about that last leg decider.

Cullen scored 254 with 15 darts throwing first - leaving himself back on 247 because his arse totally fell out in a last leg decider with chance to beat the No.1.....Yes he'd played well all through the match, no question - but shit himself at the death, how else do you explain throwing what he did in that leg which was throw bad pub darts.....you won't see a worse effort in a leg all tournament.

I like King he makes me laugh, miserable aul get but like him....His expressions when Price and MVG are giving it the big one are funny and makes me smile when he starts playing poorly he starts with the aches and pains etc!

He's having a bit of a resurgence in form and Price has not been at his best in this so far, fancy King could cause an upset, needs to not let Price's antics get to him and i fancy he could do the job - if he can keep at a mid to high 90's average he'll get chances - just has to be sharp on his doubles then.

0fcaf8a1-2b46-4e90-85d2-6a68eea2580d.jpg

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It is not harsh at all.

How often does a professional darts player average 50 in a leg?

The answer is literally never.

I am not talking about his match darts in other legs (although he did fuck up only getting dart at bull on one of them)  - I am talking about that last leg decider.

Cullen scored 254 with 15 darts throwing first - leaving himself back on 247 because his arse totally fell out in a last leg decider with chance to beat the No.1.....Yes he'd played well all through the match, no question - but shit himself at the death, how else do you explain throwing what he did in that leg which was throw bad pub darts.....you won't see a worse effort in a leg all tournament.

I like King he makes me laugh, miserable aul get but like him....His expressions when Price and MVG are giving it the big one are funny and makes me smile when he starts playing poorly he starts with the aches and pains etc!

He's having a bit of a resurgence in form and Price has not been at his best in this so far, fancy King could cause an upset, needs to not let Price's antics get to him and i fancy he could do the job - if he can keep at a mid to high 90's average he'll get chances - just has to be sharp on his doubles then.

0fcaf8a1-2b46-4e90-85d2-6a68eea2580d.jpg

Price has already knocked King out... 

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Apart from that though, he’s got a real chance. 

You better be right, just stuck a tenner on him.

6 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

Price has already knocked King out... 

Ha.....i missed that.

Dopey get me.

Didn't realise they'd played - missed a whole day of this somehow.

Anyway great stuff from Bunting just now....that deffo happened!

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Hope Price puts Gurney out. A Chisnell win would make the next few days very interesting

I can't stand Price, absolute shit stain.