You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Price took to Twatter to whinge about Wright. This from the player who has been warned and fined several times for bringing the game into disrepute etc, a player who said he wanted to get rid of his bad boy image and has repeatedly slagged the fans off. What an absolute twat. 

Safe to say the replies to the BBC article on it suggest he may be struggling to win SPOTY next year.

( A bit surprised they haven't removed some comments about steroids etc., )

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Safe to say the replies to the BBC article on it suggest he may be struggling to win SPOTY next year.

( A bit surprised they haven't removed some comments about steroids etc., )

Yeah, you can feel the love the fans have for him oozing out of those comments. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

BDO announced they have only sold 15% of tickets for their tournament , have no main sponsor & told the players that the prize money is being slashed five days before it starts.

I'm a big fan of the BDO, but I think it was finished when the BBC and then Channel 4 binned the coverage. They should have taken Hearn's offer for the PDC to buy them out in hindsight, and moving from the Lakeside to the O2 was a huge mistake, the Lakeside atmosphere made the tournament what it was.

They should use this year's tournament as either a one off at a bigger venue and move back the Lakeside for next year, or use this tournament as a grand goodbye and call it a day!

39 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm a big fan of the BDO, but I think it was finished when the BBC and then Channel 4 binned the coverage. They should have taken Hearn's offer for the PDC to buy them out in hindsight, and moving from the Lakeside to the O2 was a huge mistake, the Lakeside atmosphere made the tournament what it was.

They should use this year's tournament as either a one off at a bigger venue and move back the Lakeside for next year, or use this tournament as a grand goodbye and call it a day!

Has someone hacked your account and written a very well thought out, reasoned, sensible, optimistic and truthful post? You can have the rep either way!

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Has someone hacked your account and written a very well thought out, reasoned, sensible, optimistic and truthful post? You can have the rep either way!

No mate, I just think it's done, I like the fact that it's still blokes and girls who are mostly semi-pro, mainly pub players. The standard is nowhere near as high as the PDC but that's part of the charm for me.

But because of the loss of main channel coverage they've tried to follow the PDC formula and there isn't enough quality there!

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No mate, I just think it's done, I like the fact that it's still blokes and girls who are mostly semi-pro, mainly pub players. The standard is nowhere near as high as the PDC but that's part of the charm for me.

But because of the loss of main channel coverage they've tried to follow the PDC formula and there isn't enough quality there!

Its bollocks that they split. They should all be lumped into one and maybe have the xmas event as a sort of champions league for the top 32 players. 

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its bollocks that they split. They should all be lumped into one and maybe have the xmas event as a sort of champions league for the top 32 players. 

It was stubbornness on both sides, the players and the BDO management! The players did have a point as the BDO were taking the piss with the prize money, and it did need to be more professional as it was dying on it's arse. However it went too Hollywood for me under the PDC and basically became the cult of Taylor for too long!

Time has come to heal the split, and I think you make a good point about having the Christmas one as a Champions League!

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Which would basically be the PDC top 32. The Grand Slam has BDO players in it. Eight of them. None even came close to getting through the group this year if I recall correctly. Although I think Durrant was technically a BDO representative but that doesn't count 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I watched this tv show a good few years ago on how the top darts players decided to split from the BDO and set up the PDC with Barry Hearn. The fella running the BDO came out of it looking like a relic from the 60’s. Once the best players signed up with Hearn, they were finished.

Bang on, those silly old cunts couldn't drag themselves in to the 70's never mind the 90's. The sport was dying, there was one televised tournament and it needed somebody younger to revive it, and they needed to up the prize money too! If they'd given an inch the split may not have happened, but they wouldn't move!

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Elite said:

He's playing very well and MVG has been poor for his standards. If Wright can hold throw in the next set and go 3-0 it's most definitely on.

Yeah, hopefully. Reckon 3-0 up we might see MVG fall apart as he hasn't been on form the whole tournament, only played well in one match really.