You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Wanted a kip this afternoon led on the sofa so put the BDO darts on the telly. 

Fuck me the standard is appalling!

It was so bad it was hilariously funny and kept me awake I was laughing and enjoying it so much. 

Had and to put the golf on for my siesta. 

BDO.

Bad Darts Organisation?

27 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Like I've said before if they're that bad, why don't you lot go in for it?

You can't just turn up with a set of darts and start chucking them at the board. 

Or maybe you can... 

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm not sure they could compete against my 10 average.

I'd be happy with half of that!

On a serious note though,why do the BDO just simply copy the PDC and think its the norm? It looks absolutely pathetic when done by nobodies and pub darts players. Do something original rather than being a very bad clone of the PDC.

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd be happy with half of that!

On a serious note though,why do the BDO just simply copy the PDC and think its the norm? It looks absolutely pathetic when done by nobodies and pub dharts players. Do something oriñginal rather than being a very bad clone of the PDC.

We are in a culture of copying. You see it with TV shows, Movies, etc if an idea sells, the market will be over saturated to fuck.

You just have to look at that Sweet Caroline song that Matchroom play before their big fights, Rival promotions have started doing the same .

The BDO match tonight between Williams and Jannsen is quite a drawn out affair. I keep expecting the the Darts Referee to say things like 'Double Lightbulb' and 'Treble Table'. The ultimate would probably be 'Williams, you require all new darts skills!'.

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Erm, ifyouknowyeristory and all that the PDC (originally the WDC) was a breakaway from the BDO because the likes of Taylor, Bristow et al wanted more prize money! The BDO havent copied anything.

They have tried to copy the way Sky present the PDC, which is essentially trying to turn it into a massive piss up with rowdy fans.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

Never gets old

That's just the first leg! YouTube would probably need to upgrade their storage capacity to be able to hold the whole match! 

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He does that on many a occasion when he has lost a match. 

I know he does but, despite his obvious disappointment, you'd think he'd manage to act like an adult after the final match of his career or, even better, not agree to an interview straight after. He should have prepared mentally for what he would do/say if he lost and it shouldn't have been that. Don't get me wrong, I feel a bit sorry for him as he's clearly not 100%, but he didn't have to end like that. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

I know he does but, despite his obvious disappointment, you'd think he'd manage to act like an adult after the final match of his career or, even better, not agree to an interview straight after. He should have prepared mentally for what he would do/say if he lost and it shouldn't have been that. Don't get me wrong, I feel a bit sorry for him as he's clearly not 100%, but he didn't have to end like that. 

Totally agree mate. He's always suffered from depression imo, sad but true. 

Quoted as saying in an interview:

I'll never forgive myself. I will never love myself. It doesn't matter how many times they (the fans) sing for me, it all doesn't matter anymore. I will hate myself, be disgusted of myself. It all doesn't matter anymore, what I will do after darts. Life has no meaning anymore."

"No, I'll never forgive myself what happened. It's over. I've been suffering so hard. I thought I could keep my act together, but it seems I'm not strong enough. Disgust dominates."