You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I met Lewis on holiday in 2019- stayed in the same hotel. Got chatting a few times as Im a big darts fan- hes a decent lad. He did get the hump when the lifeguard said his inflatable shark was too big for the pool though which was both surreal and hilarious   

Haha, I can just imagine his reaction. Probably not much different than him throwing a few bad darts.

58 minutes ago, Dave D said:

He played so well but couldnt get over the line- went to pieces in the last leg  

It was an absolutely massive bottle job.

A classic example of why he'll never win anything.

Yes he played well throughout the match, but when it came down to the crunch he shit himself and threw darts that wouldn't win a leg in my local pub.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Me too.

Him or if not Durrant.

Can't see either having enough sadly.

Its Van Gerwen or Van Den Bergh i reckon.

I didn't mind Van Gerwen but he grates on me. No need for his face whatsoever. If he didn't have a face then yeah I wouldn't mind him doing well. 

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It was an absolutely massive bottle job.

A classic example of why he'll never win anything.

Yes he played well throughout the match, but when it came down to the crunch he shit himself and threw darts that wouldn't win a leg in my local pub.

No, thats harsh. Without talking in cliches he will learn from that. He was phenomenal at times in that game. A couple of those match darts were at the bull- he was bloody close.

Not that I think he will go on to win majors- the field is very strong. Think we will see a variety of winners in the coming years. 

The lack of crowd is hugely benefiting some players- Mervyn King being one of them. Be interesting to see how he puts up with Prices celebrations tonight- he got quite arsey with MVG in the players tournament couple of weeks ago        

On 30/12/2020 at 18:33, Dave D said:

No, thats harsh. Without talking in cliches he will learn from that. He was phenomenal at times in that game. A couple of those match darts were at the bull- he was bloody close.

Not that I think he will go on to win majors- the field is very strong. Think we will see a variety of winners in the coming years. 

The lack of crowd is hugely benefiting some players- Mervyn King being one of them. Be interesting to see how he puts up with Prices celebrations tonight- he got quite arsey with MVG in the players tournament couple of weeks ago        

It is not harsh at all.

How often does a professional darts player average 50 in a leg?

The answer is literally never.

I am not talking about his match darts in other legs (although he did fuck up only getting dart at bull on one of them)  - I am talking about that last leg decider.

Cullen scored 254 with 15 darts throwing first - leaving himself back on 247 because his arse totally fell out in a last leg decider with chance to beat the No.1.....Yes he'd played well all through the match, no question - but shit himself at the death, how else do you explain throwing what he did in that leg which was throw bad pub darts.....you won't see a worse effort in a leg all tournament.

I like King he makes me laugh, miserable aul get but like him....His expressions when Price and MVG are giving it the big one are funny and makes me smile when he starts playing poorly he starts with the aches and pains etc!

He's having a bit of a resurgence in form and Price has not been at his best in this so far, fancy King could cause an upset, needs to not let Price's antics get to him and i fancy he could do the job - if he can keep at a mid to high 90's average he'll get chances - just has to be sharp on his doubles then.

0fcaf8a1-2b46-4e90-85d2-6a68eea2580d.jpg

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It is not harsh at all.

How often does a professional darts player average 50 in a leg?

The answer is literally never.

I am not talking about his match darts in other legs (although he did fuck up only getting dart at bull on one of them)  - I am talking about that last leg decider.

Cullen scored 254 with 15 darts throwing first - leaving himself back on 247 because his arse totally fell out in a last leg decider with chance to beat the No.1.....Yes he'd played well all through the match, no question - but shit himself at the death, how else do you explain throwing what he did in that leg which was throw bad pub darts.....you won't see a worse effort in a leg all tournament.

I like King he makes me laugh, miserable aul get but like him....His expressions when Price and MVG are giving it the big one are funny and makes me smile when he starts playing poorly he starts with the aches and pains etc!

He's having a bit of a resurgence in form and Price has not been at his best in this so far, fancy King could cause an upset, needs to not let Price's antics get to him and i fancy he could do the job - if he can keep at a mid to high 90's average he'll get chances - just has to be sharp on his doubles then.

0fcaf8a1-2b46-4e90-85d2-6a68eea2580d.jpg

Price has already knocked King out... 

6 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

Price has already knocked King out... 

Ha.....i missed that.

Dopey get me.

Didn't realise they'd played - missed a whole day of this somehow.

Anyway great stuff from Bunting just now....that deffo happened!