You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - 8pm, 19/12/16 - Monday night mayhem at the Mosh Pit.

Trumo

I was in the lower Gladys St, aged 14. Got hit in the face by a thrown miniature bottle with the top smashed off (fortunately didn't cut me) and watched a grown man grab a flag off a 10 year Liverpool supporter and snap the stick whilst screaming at him. Had to hide our colours to get out safely

Nothing ever happened to the blue mates we used to take in the Kop for the reverse fixtures.

They've always been horrible,nasty cunts. In that 88 game they were constantly chanting that 'Trigger,trigger,trigger,shoot that n****r!' Vile bastards who resisted black players being signed far longer than most.

They've always been horrible,nasty cunts. In that 88 game they were constantly chanting that 'Trigger,trigger,trigger,shoot that n****r!' Vile bastards who resisted black players being signed far longer than most.

Seem to remember them singing that at Heskey. And don't forget Hou had a heart attack. Classy.

As I was saying!

He was giving back what Suarez did to him the season before at Goodison,when Suarez put him out for a few weeks after a similar tackle to the Barkley one the other night.

He also did Distin in a similar manner in the same game,yet wasn't carded.

That stamp on Mirallas was one of the most adept bits of snidery I've seen a player get away with in the Premier League era. Was necessary as well, Mirallas was killing us down that side that day. Was there anything Suarez wasn't world class at?

• Upvote 1

That stamp on Mirallas was one of the most adept bits of snidery I've seen a player get away with in the Premier League era. Was necessary as well, Mirallas was killing us down that side that day. Was there anything Suarez wasn't world class at?

Of all the Luis moments my favourite will always be when he fucked up Evra and Ferdinand as they both went to do him and they clattered each other. Fucking pissed myself at that. 

• Upvote 1

We've been on the wrong end of some dirty stuff from Mirallas but as Priory pointed out, we've given as good as we've got over the years. I never want to see it go over the top with leg breakers and so on (Henderson was very lucky and Barkley should have seen a straight red and a three game ban) but you do expect a bit of rough and tumble in the derby.

From an Everton perspective Mirallas could have added a bit more of an edge and a possible outlet with his pace and directness. Seemed a strange game to bring that kid on.

But, I mentioned it in the match thread at the time, and it appears there definitely was a "fuck off, you N*gger" shout directed at Mane around the 9 minute mark.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/12/21/video-everton-fan-shouts-fk-off-nier-to-sadio-mane-during-merseyside-derby/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

I was certain I had heard that but assumed I must have been mistaken as so little was made of it.

As for the racist stuff, that's bang out of order and a real throwback to less enlightened times. Should be stamped out firmly.

There are chants I don't like e.g. the Stevie one where he slipped, but I expect other fans to give it loads on that front. Then I expect fans to skit at each other a bit, so if we go to Old Trafford they should bring up all those years and not winning the league, like we would go to Goodson and unfurl a happy 21st banner. All that stuff is fine, and hopefully fans also find the time to get behind their own team.

When the chants are about human tragedies where there was a loss of life, that's bang out of order. When the chants are about the relative economic fortunes of the place e.g. rich west London Chelsea types having a laugh about poorer Liverpool, then it's unfair and outdated, but not as bad as chanting about loss of life tragedies.

The racism stuff is awful and there's no place for that.

There wasn't any racist chanting. I was at the match and the chants that people are referring to were from our own fans singing 'you Manc bastards' in response to their lot singing 'always the victim'.

Even check back to the Stekelenburg injury. In the build up, you hear 'always the victim' loud and clear. It's greeted by a chorus of boos from us and then 'you Manc bastards'.

It's just to put this one to bed. I've seen it commented a lot on here with it seemingly being taken as gospel. Not that they covered themselves in glory with 'always the victim', but there was no racist chanting directed at Mane.

• Upvote 2

There wasn't any racist chanting. I was at the match and the chants that people are referring to were from our own fans singing 'you Manc bastards' in response to their lot singing 'always the victim'.

Even check back to the Stekelenburg injury. In the build up, you hear 'always the victim' loud and clear. It's greeted by a chorus of boos from us and then 'you Manc bastards'.

It's just to put this one to bed. I've seen it commented a lot on here with it seemingly being taken as gospel. Not that they covered themselves in glory with 'always the victim', but there was no racist chanting directed at Mane.

I manage to be relieved to read this. Nice comeback from the Liverpool contingent as well.

If that's the case then I'm happy with that. The rivalry has grown uglier in recent years, but I'm glad to read the perspective of someone at the match.

• Upvote 1

racist bastards

• Upvote 1