You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Letting agent BELL ENDS

Ezekiel 25:17

We're trying to rent a new property, included in the long list of fees they're trying to make us pay, they've included an 'Inventory fee', can they do this on an unfurmished house ??? fucking cunts, is there anything more detestable than a letting agent/estate agent. We've already had murder because they want boith of us on the tenancy to charge two sets of admin credit fees, when either  of us earn more than enough to to do it alone, didn't think they could do that wither but they're not budging on it.

The letting agency not far from my work looks a fucking nightmare. All young lads who wear shit suits and are constantly on their laptops in Starbucks. They all think they are in the Wolf of Wall Street too.

I think if I worked there I'd get loads of commission. Only because I'd stab all the others to death on the way home.

Guest Pistonbroke

They are cunts. Oxygen thieves.

They are the same over here. Only used one the once and ended up throwing him out of our house, the cunt wouldn't listen to what we wanted and kept palming us off to viewings which only fulfilled about 30% of what we were looking for. The cheeky cunt sent a bill through the post to which I informed him I wouldn't be paying. He threatened us with court so I just said "See you there then." Never heard anything else after that, he'd probably got his fingers into a new victim. 

Know a guy here who cleans up with expats renting and overseas owners simply because he does two things

1) he actually speaks to and listens to clients before showing them places so if you have young kids then you won't be shown an apartment on the sixth floor with no lift and in the middle of the party district

2) he makes owners pay his fees and not the tenants. In return, he guarantees that, when empty, your property won't be used for parties or rented by the hour to prostitutes

Makes a fortune

They're cunts.

The inventory will include the condition of carpets and other things.

Make sure you go through the inventory maticuloulsy.  The one they used for me a few years ago was from when the previous people had moved in.

They pointed out marks on the carpet and where it was covered in the inventory.

Come move out time, their picture wasn't clear enough and I was charged for marks on the carpet

They were unable to supply the original dated images from the camera and used a service they uploaded to.

Take your own pictures of the slightest problems and get them put in the document.

Video the conversation if possible.

Christ, you guys have dealt with some awful companies. I've not had a bad experience from a letting company (yet). For what it's worth one of my mates has started a company called No Agent where the landlord deals directly with the tenant. I've not used them yet but they've got like half a million in crowdfunding - noagent.io is the website. Anything to fuck off the parasites.